|This article is about the 3rd grader. You may be looking for other pages named Alex.|
4th ("First Day")
Pale brown (s16-present)
|Book debut||D.W. Rides Again!|
|Cartoon debut||"Arthur's Eyes"|
"Buster's Dino Dilemma" (speaking)
|Voiced by||Riley Moreau (Arthur's First Day)|
Alex displays a generally quiet and reserved personality. Despite being in Arthur's class since kindergarten, he has never talked with him much at all until fourth grade. This suggests Alex might be shy and tends to prefer to keep to himself. He is a "big reader" and is a fan of the Multiverse book series.
Alex normally wears a tan collared sweater, long brown jeans, and blue and white sneakers. In "Buster's Dino Dilemma," Alex wears a white shirt that has purple on it, purple shorts with green on it, long green socks, and red and white sneakers.
In the summer Alex wears a light tanned shirt with a white, collar, brown shorts, white socks, and blue and white shoes. He wears green pajamas as seen in "The World of Tomorrow." He also wears a blue swim trunks as seen in "Desk Wars."
In the winter, Alex wears long brown pants, a green sweater, a cream colored scarf, cream colored mittens, and dark brown shoes. In the fall, he wears a blue collared jacket with a yellow circle on it.
For formal occasions, he wears a white shirt with a brown tie, a tan shirt over his white shirt, long brown dress pant, and black dress shoes. Another type of formal clothes he wears is a green collared shirt, a red and black striped tie, a vest over his green shirt, dark green dress pants, and brown dress shoes.
Being in Mr. Ratburn's class, it is likely that he has some sort of relationship with the main characters. He is often seen with George and Jenna. He is most of the time seen with Maria and in a few cases talking to her in the background. His family, or his house has never been seen before so far in the series.
He also has been seen talking or hanging out with other minor characters in the background including some of the fourth graders.
- Maria Pappas - They read a book together in "Binky Goes Nuts" and he was whispering to her in "Vomitrocious."
- George Lundgren - They play basketball in "April 9th." They are seen togther in "Buster Makes The Grade."
- Jenna Morgan - Alex is seen with Jenna in a number of episodes, like "Buster Makes the Grade."
- Muffy Crosswire - There is a possibility he is friends with Muffy because the intro of "The Election" portrays him at her side at the presidential inauguration.
- Arthur Read - They talk in "Arthur’s First Day", and Alex shows him some books from the Multiverse series. They end up wanting to see each other at lunch, and eventually hang out after school too.
- Buster Baxter- He is seen with Buster Baxter in "Buster Makes the Grade."
- Ladonna Compson - Even though Alex is never seen with Ladonna in the series, his name was checked in Ladonna’s Like List. This suggests they might be friends.
- Note: These do not include quotes from "Arthur’s First Day."
|—Alex, "Buster's Dino Dilemma"|
We don't believe it!
|—Alex with Maria and Fern, "Francine Frensky, Superstar"|
|—Alex's lines for his role as a dog, "Elwood City Turns 100!"|
|—Alex's other line, "Elwood City Turns 100!"|
I need an A in geography.
|—Alex to George Lundgren, "Best Wishes"|
- In "Arthur's First Day," Arthur mentions that he and Alex have been in the same class for "years". The episode "Brain's Shocking Secret" previously revealed that Alex and Arthur were in the same kindergarten class.
- He is midfielder for Lakewood Elementary Soccer Team. 
- On the Student of the Month chart, Alex is second last (with Binky being last) which may be a hint that he has a 'trouble-making' personality.
- His name first appeared in the episode, "The Scare-Your-Pants-Off Club" on a list that Francine was holding, but he was already off-screen, so the name could not be matched to him until the Student-of-the-Month chart in "MacFrensky".
- His name was also on the list in "Arthur's Number Nightmare".
- His Glenbrook lookalike, 3rd Grade Male Rat (Number 3), is only recognizable as his lookalike because of the hair.
- He is seen in the intro for the show along with Otis, Patrick, Brian and Luke followed by the rest of the main/minor characters.
- Alex appears to be camera shy as shown in the episode "And Now Let's Talk to Some Kids." He was seen quickly getting up after the cameraman pointed the camera in his direction.
- In "Desert Island Dish", he brought what appeared to be a bag of oranges for the assignment. This food may be a favorite of his.
- In "The Boy with His Head in the Clouds", Alex is seen writing down a word problem in math class with great confidence. This could mean that math is a subject that he excels in.
- In "Arthur's Toy Trouble", he is shown to have a helpful personality when he was helping an elderly woman cross the street. He was wearing a scout uniform.
- He first talks in "Buster's Dino Dilemma."
- He debuted in the 1993 book D.W. Rides Again! and went on to appear in the Arthur TV series. He was named Alex in the book, then given his surname in "Arthur's First Day."
- While most of his appearances are brief, he has had some minor roles in the series. Episodes with such a notable role are in bold.