|"Arthur Weighs In"|
|Number in season:||3A|
|Original Airdate:|| December 22, 2004|
|Written by:||Raye Lankford|
|Storyboard by:||François Brisson|
"George Blows His Top"
"The Law of the Jungle Gym"
Arthur doesn't fit into his costume for the play and is shocked to learn that he's now "husky-sized." He wants to get in shape, but is he ready to try something as radical as ... exercise?
Arthur is supposed to be playing a seemingly rich character in the school play. He is told to come to Mr. Ratburn, along with everybody else, showing him his costume. Arthur's costume doesn't fit, so he can't show him his costume.
Arthur goes to a clothing store, where he buys a new suit. He is too embarrassed to show the rest of the cast.
Arthur talks to Mr. Ratburn, where he tells him a short tale of his own past. Arthur's class were each given a pedometer to track the steps they have taken a day. Mr. Ratburn told the class to aim for 10,000 steps a day, which is much more than Arthur's.
Arthur begins to do more exercise, with the help of his friends and family, and even Pal. As a result, Arthur is able to fit into his costume, and he and D.W. give each other a high five. At the play, Arthur performs wonderfully (using a tip from his sister).
- Francine Frensky
- Thora Read
- David Read
- Mrs. Powers
- Maria Pappas
- Sue Ellen Armstrong
- Fern Walters
- George Lundgren
- Jenna Morgan
- According to Jane Read, Arthur has been wearing the same pair of pants since Lucy's wedding, as seen in "D.W. Thinks Big."
- The cover plays in the concert is a guitar version of the Arthur theme song.
- This is the first episode to be written by Raye Lankford.
- In 2015, the episode was made available freely on the official Arthur website as part of the fitness section of a feature titled Arthur Family Health. The episode can be watched here. It is also available on the PBS KIDS Video app and website.
- Main article: Arthur Weighs In/Gallery