Spider-Man: No Way Home Trailer Dropped - The Loop
Do you like this video?
|"Arthur and the Haunted Tree House"|
|Original Airdate:|| October 23, 2017 |
October 30, 2020 (part 1) and October 31, 2020 (part 2)
|Written by:||Peter K. Hirsch|
|Storyboard by:||Al Jeffery|
"Special: D.W. and the Beastly Birthday"
"Special: The Rhythm and Roots of Arthur"
"Arthur and the Haunted Tree House" is a one-hour TV special that premiered on October 23, 2017 on PBS.
- This Halloween is sure to be the spookiest ever for Arthur and his friends. While trick-or-treating, Francine meets an elderly woman with a very mysterious past, while Binky finds himself at Mr. Ratburn's amazing haunted house (that's scarier than math class!). And as for Arthur, Buster, and Ladonna? Their tree house sleepover seems to be haunted, but by what?
- Arthur Read
- Buster Baxter
- Ladonna Compson
- Muffy Crosswire
- Francine Frensky
- D.W. Read
- Bud Compson
- Binky Barnes
- Grandma Thora
- Jane Read
- David Read (does not speak)
- Ethel Saperstein
- Nigel Ratburn
- Mrs. Pariso
- Mr. Bellamy
- Mr. Lancaster
- Mrs. Lancaster
- Kate Read
- Mr. Krueger
- Mrs. Krueger
- Mr. and Mrs. Krueger's daughter
- Mr. Saperstein
- Timmy Tibble
- Tommy Tibble
- Oliver Frensky
- Laverne Frensky
- 3rd Grade Male Rat
- Molly MacDonald
- James MacDonald
- Francis Haney
- Inky Krueger
- 3rd Grade Female Aardvark
- Beulah McInnerny
- Mr. McInnerny
- Maria Pappas
- Mrs. Higgenbottom
- Mrs. Tibble
- Bailey's full name is revealed to be Bailey Carson Belvedere III.
- The list of apartments Francine can trick-or-treat at in her building are as follows: 3, 15, 17, 28, 118, 121, 136, 142, 144, 221 (Mr. Bellamy), 224 (Mrs. Parizeau), 227, 229 (Mr. and Mrs. Lancaster), 237 (Mr. and Mrs. Saperstein)
- When Binky first visits Mr. Ratburn's house, among seeing the fake clock strike midnight, he points out that it's really 8:15 PM. But much later when Mr. Ratburn comes out of his house, he moans that it's only 8:15 and that he has had only one trick-or-treater.
- Halloween also takes place in the episode "Hic or Treat." As such, Arthur, Buster, Francine, and Mr. and Mrs. Read all have the same costumes.
- However, Arthur's costume is white instead of green.
- The Tibble twins are shown trick-or-treating as mimes. They showed off their mime skills and costumes previously in "The Pageant Pickle."
- At the house party, Brain is seen wearing his bear mascot costume from "Brain Freeze."
- Mr. Haney wears a Louisianan face mask, which is seen again in "Muffy Misses Out."
- When Arthur goes up to the attic near the beginning of the episode, a copy of The Mysterious Hand can be found in the foreground. This was the primary book featured in "Arthur's Lost Library Book."
- When Muffy recollects walking through the cemetery with Francine, a gravestone can be seen with the writing "YOMAMA". This is a reference to D.W.'s humorously incorrect pronunciation of Yo-Yo Ma in the episode "My Music Rules."
- D.W. mentions her blankie that she lost from "D.W.'s Blankie."
- The clown costume that Francine wears during the cemetery flashback scene was first seen in her nightmare from "Flippity Francine."
- Room 237 is a reference to the movie The Shining. The number 237 was previously used in "Prunella and the Haunted Locker".
- The Krueger family is a reference to the horror film A Nightmare on Elm Street, as their address is 1428 Elm Street and they share a name with Freddy Krueger, the main villain of the movie.
- Mr. Ratburn's haunted house references Edgar Allan Poe's stories.
- The doll, Zelda, resembles Annabelle from The Conjuring franchise.
- During U.S. airings on PBS, the opening title card is narrated by Ladonna, and she narrates, "Arthur and the Haunted Tree House, Part 1", but there is no Part 2 title card later on.
- When Ladonna is getting ready to leave Arthur's house, the pink sweater Ladonna is wearing briefly turns green.
- It is one of two hour-long specials produced as part of the Oasis Animation production deal (alongside Seasons 20 and 21); the first being D.W. and the Beastly Birthday.
- This is the first hour-long Arthur special to not feature musical segments with original songs. Subsequent specials An Arthur Thanksgiving and Arthur's First Day also do not feature original songs.
- Arthur and the Haunted Tree House. Apple TV. Archived from the original on November 10, 2020.
- Transcript: Arthur and the Haunted Tree House -Part #1. TVOKids. Archived from the original on November 13, 2020.
- Transcript: Arthur and the Haunted Tree House -Part #2. TVOKids. Archived from the original on November 13, 2020.