|"Arthur and the Haunted Tree House"|
|Original Airdate:|| October 23, 2017 |
|Written by:||Peter K. Hirsch|
|Storyboard by:|| Al Jeffery|
"Special: D.W. and the Beastly Birthday"
"This Halloween is sure to be the spookiest ever for Arthur and his friends. While trick-or-treating, Francine meets an elderly woman with a very mysterious past, while Binky finds himself at Mr. Ratburn’s amazing haunted house (that’s scarier than math class!). And as for Arthur, Buster and Ladonna? Their tree house sleepover seems to be haunted...but by what?"
- Arthur Read
- Buster Baxter
- Ladonna Compson
- Muffy Crosswire
- Francine Frensky
- D.W. Read
- Bud Compson
- Binky Barnes
- Grandma Thora
- Jane Read
- David Read
- Ethel Saperstein
- Nigel Ratburn
- Mrs. Pariso
- Mr. Bellamy
- Mr. Lancaster
- Mrs. Lancaster
- Baby Kate
- Mr. Krueger
- Mrs. Krueger
- Mr. and Mrs. Krueger's daughter
- Mr. Saperstein
- Oliver Frensky
- Laverne Frensky
- 3rd Grade Male Rat
- Mr. Haney
- Inky Krueger
- 3rd Grade Female Aardvark
- Beulah McInnerny
- Mr. McInnerny
- Maria Pappas
- Mrs. Tibble
- Timmy Tibble
- Tommy Tibble
- Mrs. Higgenbottom
- Bailey's full name is revealed to be Bailey Carson Belvedere III in this episode.
- The list of apartments Francine can trick-or-treat at in her building are as follows: 3, 15, 17, 28, 118, 121, 136, 142, 144, 221 (Mr. Bellamy), 224 (Mrs. Parizeau), 227, 229 (Mr. and Mrs. Lancaster), 237 (Mr. and Mrs. Saperstein)
- Room 237 is a reference to the movie The Shining.
- The Krueger family is a reference to the horror franchise A Nightmare on Elm Street, as their address is 1428 Elm Street.
- Mr. Ratburn's haunted house references Edgar Allan Poe's stories.
- The doll, Zelda, resembles Annabelle from The Conjuring franchise.
- Halloween also takes place in the episode "Hic or Treat". As such, Arthur, Buster, Francine, and Mr. and Mrs. Read all have the same costumes.
- The Brain is seen wearing the bear mascot costume from the Ice Cream Shop in "Brain Freeze".
- Mr. Haney wears a Louisianan face mask, which is seen again in "Muffy Misses Out".
- When Arthur goes up to the attic near the beginning of the episode, a copy of "The Mysterious Hand" can be found in the foreground. This was the primary book featured in "Arthur's Lost Library Book".
- When Muffy recollects walking through the cemetery with Francine, a gravestone can be seen with the writing "YOMAMA". This is a reference to DW's humorously incorrect pronunciation of Yo-Yo Ma in the episode "My Music Rules".
- During U.S. airings on PBS, the opening title card is narrated by Ladonna, and she narrates, "Arthur and the Haunted Tree House, Part 1", but there is no Part 2 title card later on.
- When Ladonna is getting ready to leave Arthur's house, the pink sweatshirt from Mrs. Read that she is wearing briefly turns green.
- It is one of two hour-long specials produced as part of the Oasis Animation production deal (alongside Seasons 20 and 21); the first being D.W. and the Beastly Birthday.
- Of the four Arthur specials, this is the first and only special to not feature musical segments with original songs.