|"Attack of the Turbo Tibbles"|
|Number in season:||10a|
|Original Airdate:|| November 27, 1998|
September 17, 1999
|Written by:||Joe Fallon|
|Storyboard by:||Robert Yap|
"The Return of the King"
"D.W. Tricks the Tooth Fairy"
After sneaking a peek at a new superhero TV show, the Tibble twins decide they have superpowers and get out of control.
The episode starts off in Arthur's room. Arthur is doing his homework, but the Tibble Twins are being loud and obnoxious outside. Arthur can't concentrate.
Arthur explains to the viewers that his homework is harder whenever the Tibbles are playing with D.W. He says that Timmy Tibble is so loud that he can scream for 5 minutes straight, and Tommy Tibble is so loud that he can seem like four kids instead of one. He then tells the viewers to imagine what it would be like if the Tibble Twins had superpowers...
Arthur goes downstairs and tries to convince his mother to get the Tibble Twins and D.W. to be quiet. Mrs. Read says she'll talk to them.
She brings them into the house and attempts to get the 3 to be quiet by putting on a Mary Moo Cow video about feet. Surprisingly, they stop being so loud.
In the living room, D.W. and the Tibbles are watching the video and it unexpectedly turns off. D.W. tries to fix it by hitting buttons on the remote control, but that doesn't work. The Tibbles think they can fix it since they apparently know how to fix a VCR. D.W. goes into the kitchen to get her mother to fix it for them.
However, the TV starts to work again, but a show is on that the two claim is for babies. So they pick up the remote and turn on a different channel. A show titled "Terrific Turbo-Trooper Toy T-Bot Team" is on which they suddenly become interested in since it involves a lot of action. In the show, the two main characters battle giant whales.
While watching it, D.W. and Mrs. Read come in. Mrs. Read tells them it is not for them and they try to make up excuses. She turns the show off and puts the show for toddlers back on. The Tibbles brag to D.W. about what they just watched.
The next day, D.W. walks into the preschool with Emily. They see Tommy and Timmy dressed in costumes of the main characters from "Terrific Turbo Trooper Toy T-Bot Team" much to D.W.'s surprise. They act out a scene from the show.
During coloring time at preschool, the Tibbles don't want to color - they want to fight crime. Outside the class was practicing the alphabet and the Tibbles accuse Emily of singing the alphabet wrong.
Ms. Morgan gives them a time-out and the Tibbles see this as a secret command, so they gladly oblige. They watch the show again later and then play hide and seek, however, they cheat.
D.W. calls the Tibbles asking them if they want to ride bikes, but they're too busy watching the show.
The next day, the Tibbles come dressed as robots again. D.W. and Emily quickly go inside, but the Tibbles follow. They are acting obnoxious so D.W. goes and yells for Ms. Morgan, who gives them a time-out. Once again, they gladly oblige.
D.W. blames Arthur for everything, but Arthur gives D.W. advice: he tells her to just tell them that they are annoying and to stop acting like robots.
So at the Tibbles' house D.W. tries to talk to them, but the Tibbles sees her as an enemy. The Tibbles chase D.W. and Emily. Since D.W. is the enemy, Timmy pulls a playground swing back and then lets go.
The swing hits D.W. in the face, and she begins loudly crying as her mouth starts bleeding, though this isn't shown because D.W. had both her hands on her face. Emily runs to go get Mrs. Tibble and tell her D.W.'s face is bleeding I think it's broken. And the Tibbles, realizing they've gone too far, run away to hide in the garage.
Timmy then decides to stop playing the game, Tommy tells Timmy to put back on his helmet and he's outer space and needs it then tells Tommy he quits and was worried about D.W. then Tommy takes off his helmet after thinking that D.W. could be dying after being hit in the mouth by the swing. Mrs. Tibble calls Timmy and Tommy and then Timmy tells Tommy if she finds both of them, they're gonna be punished and think they should have hid against the back wall instead, Then Mrs. Tibble opens the garage door and finds them. They plead for forgiveness, but Mrs. Tibble is a little disappointed in them for what they did and says that they should be apologizing to D.W., not their own Grandma, however, they didn't do anything to their Grandma. The twins ask if she meant D.W. is still alive, and Mrs. Tibble says she is, that's all they wanted to know, D.W. has been taken to the emergency room at the hospital by her mom.
They walk to the hospital and they are happy seeing D.W. and that she's still alive and okay, Jane tells D.W. "You were very brave D.W., it doesn't look too bad" D.W. replies "Well, it feels bad", the Tibbles show up to her hospital room and hug her feeling bad and sorry for what they did to her, they had no right to hurt her that way which leads them to a huge mistake. When D.W. informs them that she got stitches on the right side of her face, the Tibbles apologize and tell her that they we're just trying to have fun, that nothing like this ever happened in the show. D.W. flatly explains to them that the show isn't real and that they should not do everything they see on TV. With that, the Tibbles finally learn their lesson.
As they leave, the Tibbles suggest watching something else, like sports, but D.W. refuses all of their suggestions, and the episode ends.
- The Terrific Turbo-Trooper Toy T-Bot Team could resemble the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, which was becoming popular around the time of the airing. The only difference is that instead of five (or six) in the real show, there are only two.
- One of the shows that the Tibble twins watch is a parody of The Busy World of Richard Scarry, another Cinar production. Sonja Ball, who voiced Huckle Cat in the series, reprises her role here as Huckle Bat.
- On the same subject, when one of the T-Bots breaks into the gangster whales' hideout in an episode the Tibble twins are watching, the "Ay yi yi!" the whales cry out is taken from The Busy World of Richard Scarry, specifically the "Couscous" stories where Pepe Le Gangster and his Dirty Rats cry the same "Ay yi yi!" when their plans are foiled and they are captures.
- In the hospital D.W. and the Tibbles argue whether wrestling is real. In Professional Wrestling the fights are staged.
- This is the first episode where D.W. gets hit; the second time occurred in "Arthur's Big Hit".
- D.W. gets stitches in this episode, she mentions to her doll about getting stitches in For Whom the Bell Tolls.
- While Jane Read was changing the channel on the TV, her ear changes color for a split second.
- The Tibbles' costumes occasionally switch in the scene where they correct Emily's singing of the alphabet.
- The Tibbles' costumes occasionally switch in the scene where they hurt D.W.
- The 2nd swing disappears when they the first hits D.W. but it reappears in the next shot.