|"Buster's Green Thumb"|
|Number in season:||4A|
|Original Airdate:|| December 23, 2004|
|Written by:||Peter K. Hirsch|
|Idea by:||Catherine Lieuwen|
|Storyboard by:||Jeremy O'Neill|
"The Law of the Jungle Gym"
"My Fair Tommy"
Buster discovers gardening, composting, and the thrill of having fresh veggies to give away.
Buster finds out that his collection of old food makes excellent compost - which makes for even better tomatoes! But he's dismayed when he runs out of fresh veggies to give away...until his new friend who runs the community garden shows him what it takes to grow and care for his own plants.
- D.W. Read
- Binky Barnes
- Ms. Albright
- Sue Ellen Armstrong
- Beulah McInnerny
- 3rd Grade Male Dog (Number 3)
- Jane Read
- Unknown Female Adult Rabbit (Number 4)
- First appearance of the Community Gardens.
- Ray (the pizza slice kept in Buster's collection) might've been part of the same pizza previously seen in Castles in the Sky.
- The banana mentions being part of Buster's collection since Baxter Day, which was celebrated in Arthur's Perfect Christmas.
- Fritz's tomato plants were named Douglas, George, Dwight and Mamie. These are likely references to Douglas MacArthur, George Marshall, Dwight D. Eisenhower and Mamie Eisenhower.
- When Buster buys a tomato plant, there are a couple of young green fruits growing on the plant, but when the plant dies, Buster says "It's been three days and there isn't even a sign of a tomato."
- Main article: Buster's Green Thumb/Gallery