|Residence||Muffy's House, Elwood City (formerly)|
|Family||*Ed Crosswire (father)|
|Book debut||Arthur Goes to Camp|
|Cartoon debut||"Matchmaker, Match Breaker"|
|Voiced by||Cory Doran (s12 - present)|
He’s first referred to in Arthur's Perfect Christmas, where a Christmas stocking with his name is hanging on the Crosswires' fireplace.
Chip is a monkey depicted with a pale complexion and short orange hair with bangs and wears a blue sweater over a white shirt, gray khakis, and green shoes with gray accents.
His original design was seen in a Crosswire family portrait inside of a tent at camp on a page in Arthur Goes to Camp, first published in 1982. His original design was clumps of hair, brown monkey fur, glasses, and a suit and tie. After 27 years of absence, he was brought back, and was completely redesigned and no longer wears glasses, but still wears a suit and tie as alternate clothing.
Chip has many friends from college, but they have never been seen in the series. It is unknown to where he went to and graduated from high school, and who his friends from high school were, but he was never seen until "Matchmaker, Matchbreaker."
- Catherine Frensky - When Chip came home from Tallahassee Tech, he and Catherine both met after he learned that Muffy and Francine are best friends together. Muffy and Francine were planning to set up him and Catherine together as a date. He and Catherine both went out on a date, and spent time together from time to time. However, the two ultimately break up after deciding that they're just better off as friends than a couple.
- Lexi - In "Phony Fern," Muffy tells Fern that Chip broke up with someone named Lexi, and Lexi is now dating someone named Biff.
- According to "The Great MacGrady," Chip gave his father his signature pink necktie.
- 1104a "Phony Fern" (phone conversation)
- 1206b "Matchmaker, Match Breaker"
- 1301 "The Great MacGrady" (mentioned)
- 1507b. "What's in a Name?" (phone conversation)
- 1509b "Through the Looking Glasses" (mentioned)
- 1703a "Molina's Mulligan"
- 1707b "Go Fly a Kite" (mentioned)
- 1709a "Caught in the Crosswires" (mentioned)
- 1802b "Surprise!" (cameo)
- 1806a "Whip. Mix. Blend."
- 1808a "Arthur Read: Super Saver"
- 1810 "Shelter from the Storm" (mentioned)
- 1909b "Besties" (cameo)
- 2005b "The Butler Did It" (cameo)
- 2104a "Muffy Misses Out" (mentioned)
- Arthur's Perfect Christmas (name only)
- Arthur Goes to Camp (1982)