|"D.W.'s Stray Netkitten"|
|Number in season:||3A|
|Original Airdate:|| October 20, 2008|
January 26, 2009
April 8, 2009
November 16, 2012
|Written by:||Matt Steinglass|
|Storyboard by:||Gerry Capelle|
"The Frensky Family Fiasco"
"Bats in the Belfry"
D.W. asks Arthur and Emily to babysit her Netkitten since a virus gets onto their only computer.
D.W. has her own Netkitten and is very excited. However when it is time to give the computer to mom, the computer freezes. The computer repairman comes, but after falsifying the problem, the computer ends up with a "Scary Clown" virus. Mom is worried she won't get her work done and D.W. is worried she doesn't feed Tickley (her Netkitten). Then she interrupts a baseball game by serving cookies for Arthur and Buster so Arthur will babysit Tickley. He is displeased, but does it anyway. While fixing Tickley, Mr. Ratburn gets in the act and changes Tickley's "cowgirl" setting to "baseball" setting. When the computer comes back, D.W. is excited to nurture Tickley again, but becomes cross with Arthur after Mr. Ratburn has changed the settings. They fuss over the computer and the computer gets a "Scary Pirate" virus. D.W. is worried again so instead of asking Arthur, she asks Emily to babysit Tickley. But it also turns out that Emily changed D.W.'s present setting to a "disco setting". Then she dreams that Tickley has left her a changed to liking dace and staying with Emily. D.W. is panicked, but she finds Tickley on the bottom of the bed. D.W. calls Emily, but once the settings have been changed, everything goes out of control and sobs. Arthur tells D.W. that Tickley is fine and sure enough she is. Emily is happy that Tickley is back to normal, but wonders if Tickley will dance with Prince Shiny (Emily's Netkitten). D.W. is okay with it for one time.
- NetKittenz is a parody of Webkinz.
- In D.W.'s dream sequence, D.W. hopping out of the window onto the No-Wheeler the chase scene through the NetKittenz city and D.W. and Nadine going into the club are also a reference to a similar scene in Star Wars Episode II: Attack Of The Clones, where Obi-Wan jumps out a window and onto a speeder with Anakin and the pair of them chasing bounty hunter Zam Wessel into a club.
- When the computer repair person turns on the computer for the first time, the Nintendo Game Boy boot up sound can be heard for a brief second.
- The dream sequence features the flying No-Wheeler from I'd Rather Read It Myself.
- When Arthur says it 5:05, D.W. says she's missing Mary Moo Cow, but in The Last of Mary Moo Cow, she says it's on at 3:30. However, the time that the show is on could've changed between episodes.
- The computer repair person in this episode uses random computing terms (such as "hard drive" and "mainframe"), and they are used incorrectly. However, in other episodes, computer jargon is used correctly.