|"D.W.'s Stray Netkitten"|
|Number in season:||3a|
|Original Airdate:|| October 20, 2008|
January 26, 2009
April 8, 2009
November 16, 2012
|Written by:||Matt Steinglass|
|Storyboard by:||Gerry Capelle|
"The Frensky Family Fiasco"
"Bats in the Belfry"
D.W. has her own Netkitten and is very excited. However, when it is time to give the computer to Mrs. Read, the computer freezes. The computer repairman comes, but after falsifying the problem, the computer ends up with a "Scary Clown" virus. Mrs. Read is worried she won't get her work done and D.W. is worried she can't feed Tickley (her Netkitten). Then she interrupts a baseball game between Arthur and Buster by serving cookies to them so Arthur will babysit Tickley. He is displeased, but does it anyway. While Arthur is babysitting Tickley at school, Mr. Ratburn gets in on the act and changes Tickley's "cowgirl" setting to the "baseball" setting. When the computer comes back, D.W. is excited to nurture Tickley again, but becomes cross with Arthur because Mr. Ratburn has changed the settings. They fuss over the computer and the computer gets a "Scary Pirate" virus. D.W. is worried again, so instead of asking Arthur, she asks Emily to babysit Tickley. But it also turns out that Emily changed D.W.'s present setting to a "disco setting." That night, D.W. dreams that Tickley has left her and changed to liking dance and staying with Emily. Upon waking up, D.W. is panicked, but finds Tickley on the bottom of her bed. D.W. calls Emily, but once the settings have been changed, everything goes out of control and she sobs, believing that Tickley has died due to not having been fed. Arthur tells D.W. that Tickley is fine, and comes to her bedroom to inform her that it is indeed fine after having checked on it himself. Emily is happy that Tickley is back to normal, but wonders if Tickley will dance with Prince Shiny (Emily's Netkitten). D.W. is okay with it for one time.
- The dream sequence features the flying No-Wheeler from "I'd Rather Read It Myself."
- NetKittenz is a parody of Webkinz.
- In D.W.'s dream sequence, D.W. hopping out of the window onto the no-wheeler, the chase scene through the NetKittenz city and D.W. and Nadine going into the club are also a reference to a similar scene in Star Wars: Episode II - Attack Of The Clones, where Obi-Wan jumps out a window and onto a speeder with Anakin and the pair of them chase bounty hunter Zam Wessel into a club.
- When the computer repairman turns on the computer for the first time, the Nintendo Game Boy boot up sound can be heard for a brief second.
- When Arthur says it's 5:05, D.W. says she's missing Mary Moo Cow, but in "The Last of Mary Moo Cow," she says it's on at 3:30. However, the time that the show is on could've changed between episodes.
- The computer repairman in this episode uses random computing terms (such as "hard drive" and "mainframe"), and they are used incorrectly. However, in other episodes, computer jargon is used correctly.