|"D.W., Queen of the Comeback"|
|Number in season:||9a|
|Original Airdate:|| April 27, 2011|
September 21, 2011
January 11, 2011
|Written by:||Peter K. Hirsch|
|Storyboard by:||Greg Hill|
"All the Rage"
"In My Africa"
The Tibbles tease, D.W. fires back, the Tibbles taunt, D.W. has a snappy comeback, and round and round they go! Will it ever end? Perhaps an ancient Indian fable about a turtle and a wisecracking duck will be enough to teach D.W. to just let it go.
The episode begins with Arthur talking about happy moments that he and others would like repeat over and over again — such as jumping into a leaf pile with Pal, pulling the sword out of the stone at the Medieval Fair and Buster riding a hot air balloon with his father, to name a few. He also mentions D.W. saving her snowball, only for D.W. to interrupt and talk about the time she got the Tibbles back for teasing her, and says nothing tasted as sweet as revenge. Then she charges into the leaf pile while Arthur smiles.
D.W. is getting her hair cut, yet she is not happy about it one bit, and asks a rude question to her hairdresser, Mr. Pelato. Mom scolds her for being rude but Pelato is unfazed and promises D.W. a sugarless lollipop after he is done. Nadine appears to D.W. with a new look, but this causes D.W. to turn and make Pelato cut off a good chunk of her hair. Horrified by his mistake, Pelato shows her new look in the mirror, causing D.W. to scream.
Because Pelato had to cut her hair very short to remedy his mistake, D.W. has to wear a hat to hide her hair out of embarrassment. The Tibbles find her with her hat off while D.W. talks with Emily, and tease her and call her names, even calling her "Dennis", D.W.'s twin brother. D.W. tries to come up with a good comeback in response, and is immensely frustrated when she fails. She later begs Arthur to teach her how to make comebacks to insults, which he does.
D.W.'s first two tries fail spectacularly, so she consults Rattles and Binky for help. Rattles suggests that D.W. ignore the Tibbles, but D.W. explains she came to them because they're bullies, to which Rattles takes offense. However, Rattles and Binky's suggestions for comebacks have the definitions wrong, causing D.W. to leave in a huff.
- Buster Baxter
- Francine Frensky
- Muffy Crosswire
- Bo Baxter
- Nigel Ratburn
- Maria Pappas
- Jenna Morgan
- George Lundgren
- Sue Ellen Armstrong
- At the beginning of the episode, Arthur remembers pulling the sword out of the stone during the season 3 episode "The Return of the King."
- Arthur would later bring this story up again in "The Best Day Ever."
- Arthur thinks that Buster's best day might be the day of the hot air balloon ride in the season 4 episode "1001 Dads."
- Arthur thinks that D.W.'s favorite day might be saving the snowball in the season 7 episode "Return of the Snowball."
- El Boomerang can be seen being kicked by a boy on a webcam.
- When D.W. gets bullied by The Tibbles, it is similar to how Molly got bullied when she was a little kid in "The Last Tough Customer."
- D.W. once again mentions her snowball from "D.W.'s Snow Mystery."
- When the duck is flying off, she flashes red for one frame.