|Residence||Dave's farm, Unnamed Town (formerly)|
Jane Read (daughter)
David Read (son-in-law)
Arthur Read (grandson)
D.W. Read (granddaughter)
Kate Read (granddaughter)
Lucy's husband (son-in-law)
Unnamed wife (?) possibly deceased
|Cartoon debut||"Grandpa Dave's Old Country Farm"|
|Voiced by||A.J. Henderson|
Dave seems to be loved by his whole family. He seems to be quite independent, hard-working, and traditional in views, to a point where he stays to have the Read family keep the house in good shape because it's been owned by them for over 150 years. Because of this, he comes off as a proud and stubborn man.
- 11502 Grandpa Dave's Old Country Farm
- 12301 Bully for Binky
- 12501 D.W. Thinks Big
- 12901 My Club Rules (Cameo)
- 20501 Arthur's Underwear (Cameo in flashback)
- 20801 Arthur vs. the Piano (Cameo)
- 30901 Arthur's Treasure Hunt (Cameo)
- 31402 D.W.'s Perfect Wish (Flashback)
- 50902 The Big Dig
- 60302 The Secret Life of Dogs and Babies (Fantasy)
- 1001 Happy Anniversary
- 120901 "Home Sweet Home" (Mentioned)
- 120902 Do You Believe in Magic? (Mentioned)
- 130301 Arthur's Number Nightmare (Fantasy)
- 140701 Around the World in 11 Minutes (Cameo)
- 150601 Grandpa Dave's Memory Album
- 180601 Whip. Mix. Blend. (Pictured)
- He is getting a house closer to the Reads'.
- He develops Alzheimer's in "Grandpa Dave's Memory Album."
- He is friends with Catherine and Francine's grandmother, Bubby.
- He usually goes to Elwood City to go to the doctor's office.
- In the family picture title card, he can be seen.
- He attends the annual fireman ball. It is unknown if he was a firefighter when he was younger or he is volunteering there.
- He is listed on the end credits regularly and appears in the opening theme song, despite having only appeared in fewer episodes compared to other members of the Read family tree.
- It is unknown what his last name is.
- Besides a still photograph in "Whip. Mix. Blend.," he has not been seen in any Flash-animated season (sixteenth season and beyond).
- He is very good friends with Ed, Bill, and Donald.