|Age||4 (s1-s2, s4-s9, s11-s25)|
5 (s3, s10)
|Birthday||Compson v. Tibble|
The second day of "D.W., Bossy Boots" (summer?)
|Eye color||Tangeloish gray (books only)|
|Hair color|| Light brilliant gamboge (Seasons 1-4)|
Brilliant amber (season 6-present)
Indigoish white (D.W. the Picky Eater)
|Complexion|| Pale gamboge (Seasons 1-4)|
Pale, light grayish olive (Season 6-present)
|Residence||Emily's house, Elwood City|
|Book debut||D.W. Flips!|
|Cartoon debut||"D.W. All Wet"|
|Voiced by||Vanessa Lengies (Seasons 1-7) |
Sally Taylor Isherwood (Season 8-present)
Saige Ann Estigoy (D.W. the Picky Eater)
Emily Leduc is a young girl who is D.W.'s best friend. Emily is a classmate of D.W.'s at the Elwood Community Preschool and in kindergarten at Lakewood Elementary School. Despite being a relatively major character, her last name was never revealed until "Arthur's First Day."
Emily is a rabbit with a light yellow complexion and blonde hair (at Francine's length). She always wears a blue short-sleeved dress with a white collar that has turquoise floral print and black shoes, and is fairly tall for her age. Due to the fact that her father is a monkey, she also has a longer, more monkey-like jawline compared to other rabbit characters in the series. In episodes before Season 6, she was shown with a red collared dress with white flowers, short hair, and a bow in her hair. In Season 6, her character design was changed to longer hair, and her dress was changed to blue with turquoise floral print. Her footwear is blue Mary Jane-type shoes and long white socks up to her shin. Despite her redesign, the official website still uses her classic design on her homepage and many other sections of the website.
In the special "Arthur's First Day," she wears an orange dress with no floral print.
In the book D.W. the Picky Eater, Emily has gray eyes and white hair, and wears an orange shirt with polka dots and green shorts.
Emily is typically polite and kind, but she can be a bit hypocritical in conversations. She also has a weakness for showing off, for which D.W. at first dislikes her.
In "Emily Swallows a Horse," Emily lies in order to get a toy and then tells more lies to not get caught. She comes clean at the end of the episode.
Emily's mild personality changes drastically when she is babysat by Binky Barnes in "The Good, the Bad, and the Binky." Because of him, she has a short interest in professional wrestling which causes her to act tough in preschool. The Tibbles appreciate the change, but D.W. and James do not.
Emily's family name is French, and she frequently uses French vocabulary in conversations as well as addressing her mother and grandmother as "maman" and "grand-mère", respectively. She likes French movies and shows like Martin the Mime and generally shows interest in French culture. She at least once visited France.. Emily also has a French nanny, Renée (in "D.W. Flips") and Marie-Hélène (in other episodes).
- Mrs. Leduc - Emily's mother.
- Mr. Leduc - Emily's father.
- Emily's grandmother - Seen in "Mind Your Manners."
- D.W. Read - D.W. at first thinks that Emily is a showoff and calls her "Miss Perfect", but they quickly become best friends. Still, D.W. often tries to compete with Emily. D.W. is willing to ruin Emily's plans for her own benefit, such as in "D.W. on Ice" and "All About D.W.." They are rivals in "Sue Ellen Gets Her Goose Cooked."
- Timmy and Tommy Tibble - Emily finds them too rough, but they are friends. In "Double Tibble Trouble," Emily is even willing to act like a Tibble to help them.
- James MacDonald - Emily likes him because he is "so James-y." She gets very upset when she thinks he has died and is relived to find out that he's actually alive. But in "The Good, the Bad, and the Binky," she plays wrestling with him due to Binky's influence and makes him cry as a result.
- Bud Compson - Once he moves to Elwood City, he quickly becomes good friends with Emily and D.W.
- Muffy Crosswire - Muffy was her big buddy in "Arthur's First Day," While that, she gave her a tour of the school and even drew a picture of her on the computers. When Muffy loses Emily, she starts to not want to be her friend, but they make up in the end.
- Binky Barnes - In "The Good, the Bad, and the Binky," Binky babysits Emily and teaches her wrestling moves. This causes Emily to start playing rough with her friends and for Binky to be branded a bad influence. Binky is later seen going to the Mice on Ice show with Emily and her mother. The two of them are shown to get on well in this episode but aren't seen together again.
- Season 1
- Season 2
- Season 3
- Season 4
- Season 6
- Season 7
- Season 8
- Season 9
- Season 10
- Season 11
- Season 12
- Season 13
- Season 14
- Season 15
- Season 16
- Season 17
- 1708b. "Crime and Consequences" (cameo)
- Season 18
- Season 19
- Season 20
- Season 21
- 2106b. "The Princess Problem"
- Season 22
- 2203a. "Muffy's House Guests" (cameo)
- Season 23
- The place Emily wants to visit the most is Mary Moo Cow's Magic Farmland.
- Emily wants to be a fashion designer when she grows up. 
- In "D.W. Aims High," Emily also expresses a desire to be a ballerina.
- In "D.W. Swims with the Fishes," there is a brief scene in which she has her original hairstyle.
- In "Read and Flumberghast," she celebrates her birthday in a flashback that takes place a day ago. In the flashback, she has a cupcake with four candles on it, suggesting she was turning 4.
- Emily's father is a monkey, and her mother is a rabbit, meaning she is biracial. Although it is possible that her mother was divorced and remarried, she also has a more elongated jawline compared to other rabbit characters in the series that resembles a monkey's, implying that her biological father is indeed a monkey.
- Emily also wears the same type of shoes as D.W., Muffy and Amanda, but with a different color.
- Emily's last name was unknown for a long time, and Buster even makes an inside joke in "D.W. Swims with the Fishes," saying he doesn't know Emily's last name. Her full name is revealed to be Emily Leduc, as seen on the kindergarten class list in "Arthur's First Day."
- Emily is interested in dancing and gymnastics, and her favorite food is pâté.