|Birthday||During the introduction of "Arthur's Baby"|
|Hair color||Moderate orange|
|Complexion|| Pale, light grayish vermilion (as a newborn baby)|
Light gamboge (s1-s15)
Pale, light grayish amber (s16-present)
|Family||Jane Read (mother)|
David Read (father)
Arthur Read (older brother)
D.W. Read (older sister)
Thora Read (paternal grandmother)
Dave (maternal grandfather)
Gustav (maternal great-great-grandfather)
Sean (paternal uncle)
George (paternal cousin)
Bud (paternal uncle)
Loretta (paternal aunt)
Monique (paternal cousin)
Ricky (paternal cousin)
Loretta's daughter (paternal cousin)
Chrissy Read (paternal aunt)
Ryder Read (cousin)
Minnie Read (paternal aunt)
Jessica (maternal aunt)
Richard (maternal uncle)
Cora (maternal cousin)
Lucy (maternal aunt)
Lucy's husband (maternal uncle)
Fred (maternal uncle)
David's brother (paternal uncle)
Theodore Read (great-granduncle)
Dora Winifred Read (great-grandaunt)
Jane's great-grandfather (maternal great-great-grandfather)
Jane's great-grandmother (maternal great-great-grandmother)
Matthew (maternal great-great-granduncle)
Thora's brother 1 (paternal granduncle)
Thora's brother 2 (paternal granduncle)
Thora's brother 3 (paternal granduncle)
Thora's father (paternal great-grandfather)
Thora's mother (paternal great-grandmother)
Thora's mother's great-uncle (paternal great-great-great-granduncle)
|Book debut||Arthur's Baby|
|Cartoon debut||"Arthur's Spelling Trubble"|
|Voiced by||Tracy Braunstein (s6-21)|
On her first birthday, Kate puts her face on her birthday cake.
Growing up and future life
First revealed in "Paradise Lost," Kate is getting older and becoming less able to talk to Pal and other pets and more able to talk to other anthropomorphic animals. "Mei Lin Takes a Stand" also shows she is able to walk short distances.
During Arthur's dream in "D.W. and the Beastly Birthday," Kate is shown at approximately age 5. She wears D.W.'s hand-me-downs, including her iconic pink jumper. She has fuller, red hair now, in the same style as when she was an infant, with a bow pulled up at the top of her head. As in the talking baby episodes, Kate is a sweet girl who does her best to have a good relationship with Arthur, while she seems to be afraid of D.W. who calls her "Katie-Bug".
Kate is an aardvark like her parents and siblings. She wears a pink shirt, green pajama pants, white disposable diapers, and a light green bow with a hairclip on her hair. Her swimwear is swim diapers that are about the same color as regular ones, a red bathing shirt, and a white bathing cap with red polka dots. When she was a newborn, she was wearing pink footsie pajamas with green accents. She also has a pacifier in her mouth; but since she became a 1 year old, she has rarely had one. An early Kate can be seen in "Arthur's Baby" and "D.W.'s Baby."
Kate is able to communicate with Pal, Mei Lin, and other animals, toys, or babies. Anybody who is older than her and can speak English dismisses it as "baby talk" gibberish, and she and the animals interpret grownups' talk likewise. She enjoys playing in her sandbox and shows remarkable intelligence for her age, despite not being able to communicate with people older than herself. But in one episode she couldn't hear Pal correctly at times. Despite being a year old, she rarely stands up. On certain occasions, she is prone to crying. In "Arthur's Lost Dog," she threw a tantrum over wanting a balloon and Pal ran off and brought her back one in order to cheer her up.
- She can talk, but only to non-anthropomorphic animals, toys and other babies (similar to Rugrats). She also talks to the viewers when she's featured in an episode's intro.
- She can say "D.W." by copying D.W.'s lip movements, but she says "D Double woo".
- On her Trading Card, her age is listed as "cute," even though she’s one year old.
- In material related to the series, she’s commonly listed as "Baby Kate." This name is also used in "Buster's Second Chance" and "Mr. Ratburn and the Special Someone."
- In "The Secret Life of Dogs and Babies," it‘s revealed that she wants to go to Paris someday.
- Her crying has been used in many other cartoons, such as Comedy Central's South Park and Cartoon Network's The Amazing World of Gumball, as a stock sound effect. It has also been used in some other films, such as DreamWorks' last two Shrek films and Disney's Frozen. Thus, that cry first appeared in a 1992 gothic horror film Bram Stoker's Dracula.
- The name of the Baby Kate cry sound is Human, Baby - Crying and it was created by Sound Ideas' General Series 6000.
- Her favorite color is Yellow.
- Kate like her siblings Arthur and DW and putting mashed potatoes on her face.
- Kate favorite joke is bling blop flug erky flip blop.
- Kate wants to be potty trained when she is older.
- She also wants to visit the playground some day when she is older according to her training card.
This list is incomplete. Please add to it if you know another appearance.
- Season 1
- "Arthur's Spelling Trubble" (debut)
- "D.W. All Wet
- "Arthur's Lost Library Book"
- "Arthur's Pet Business"
- "D.W. the Copycat"
- "Arthur Goes to Camp"
- "Arthur Babysits"
- "Arthur's Cousin Catastrophe" (cameo)
- "Arthur's Birthday"
- "Arthur's Baby"
- "D.W.'s Baby"
- "Arthur's Lost Dog"
- "So Long, Spanky"
- "Arthur's Family Vacation"
- "Grandpa Dave's Old Country Farm"
- "Arthur and the Crunch Cereal Contest"
- "Arthur's Chicken Pox"
- "Sick as a Dog"
- "Arthur's Almost Boring Day"
- "The Half-Baked Sale"
- "Arthur's New Years Eve"
- Season 2
- Season 3
- Season 4
- Season 5
- Season 6
- Season 7
- "Season 8
- Season 9
- Season 11
- Season 16
- Season 17
- Season 18
- Season 19
- Season 21
- Season 23