|Lakewood Elementary School|
|Type||Public Elementary School|
|Administrator||Francis Haney (Principal, s1-s20)|
|Staff||At least 17|
|Number of students||100+|
|Number of rooms||At least 15|
|First appearance||Arthur's Eyes|
Lakewood Elementary School appears to be a kindergarten to fifth grade school that includes hallways, offices, classrooms, a cafeteria/auditorium, gymnasium, restrooms, and other various maintenance rooms and other areas that are typically found in elementary schools. There is notably no school library, except for a small computer/library room which is donated by Ed Crosswire. The teacher's lounge is generally off-limits to students, but it is stocked with snacks, coffee, magazines and a television and is furnished with comfortable seating for teachers and staff.
Mr. Ratburn's classroom appears to be typical of many other classrooms in the school. Four desks are arranged in pods, with as many as four desk pods in a single classroom. Other classrooms have the desks separated. The surrounding walls are covered with bulletin boards, chalkboards, and a world map, with large windows on the exterior walls.
Both the boys' bathrooms and the girls' bathrooms have counter sinks and toilet stalls while the boys' bathroom also has urinals. The exterior grounds include a playground and a baseball field. There are also bicycle racks immediately in front of the building for students who ride their bikes to the school.
In the early books, the interior of the school was shown most often, but the exterior was shown occasionally. The front doors of the school were originally located to the far right and had a half-circle window over the doors. In the cartoon and later books, the school was redesigned, and the front doors were moved to the very center and had a canopy right in front of the doors.
- Season 1
- 101a "Arthur's Eyes"
- 101b "Francine's Bad Hair Day"
- 102a "Arthur and the Real Mr. Ratburn"
- 102b "Arthur's Spelling Trubble"
- 103b "Buster's Dino Dilemma"
- 106a "Locked in the Library"
- 106b "Arthur Accused!"
- 107a "Arthur Goes to Camp"
- 107b "Buster Makes the Grade"
- 110a "Arthur's Birthday"
- 110b "Francine Frensky, Superstar"
- 112a "Arthur Writes a Story"
- 114b "Arthur and the True Francine"
- 116a "Arthur and the Crunch Cereal Contest"
- 117a "Meek for a Week"
- 117b "Arthur, World's Greatest Gleeper"
- 118a "Arthur's Chicken Pox"
- 120a "Arthur's Almost Boring Day"
- 121a "Sue Ellen Moves In"
- 122b "Team Trouble"
- 123a "Bully for Binky"
- 123b "Misfortune Teller"
- 124a "Arthur's Tooth"
- 126a "My Dad, the Garbage Man"
- 126b "Poor Muffy" (mentioned)
- 127b "Arthur's Substitute Teacher Trouble"
- 128a "I'm a Poet"
- 129a "My Club Rules"
- 129b "Stolen Bike"
- Season 2
- 201a "Arthur Meets Mr. Rogers"
- 201b "Draw!"
- 202a "Binky Barnes, Art Expert"
- 202b "Arthur's Lucky Pencil"
- 203a "D.W., the Picky Eater"
- 205a "Arthur's Underwear"
- 207a "Arthur's TV-Free Week"
- 207b "Night Fright"
- 208a "Arthur vs. the Piano"
- 208b "The Big Blow-Up"
- 209a "Lost!"
- 209b "The Short, Quick Summer"
- 210b "Arthur's Mystery Envelope"
- 211b "Buster Hits the Books"
- 212a "Arthur's Faraway Friend"
- 212b "Arthur and the Square Dance"
- 214b "Arthur's Knee" (mentioned)
- 215a "Grandma Thora Appreciation Day"
- 216a "Love Notes for Muffy"
- 216b "D.W. Blows the Whistle"
- 217b "Arthur the Loser"
- Season 3
- 301b "The Ballad of Buster Baxter"
- 303a "Arthur Goes Crosswire"
- 303b "Sue Ellen and the Brainasaurous"
- 304a "Background Blues"
- 304b "And Now Let's Talk to Some Kids"
- 305a "The Chips are Down"
- 306a "Binky Rules"
- 307a "Arthur Rides the Bandwagon"
- 307b "Dad's Dessert Dilemma"
- 308b "Buster's Growing Grudge"
- 309a "Arthur's Treasure Hunt"
- 313a "Arthur's Dummy Disaster"
- 313b "Francine and the Feline"
- 315b "The Long, Dull Winter"
- Season 4
- 401b "Arthur's Big Hit"
- 403a "Buster's Breathless"
- 403b "The Fright Stuff"
- 405a "The Blizzard"
- 405b "The Rat Who Came to Dinner"
- 406b "Prunella Gets it Twice"
- 407a "Binky Barnes, Wingman"
- 407b "To Beat or Not to Beat"
- 408a "1001 Dads"
- 409b "Buster's Best Behavior"
- 410a "My Music Rules"
- 410b "That's a Baby Show!"
- Season 5
- Season 6
- 601a Sue Ellen Gets Her Goose Cooked
- 601b Best of the Nest
- 602b Buster's Sweet Success
- 603a Prunella's Special Edition
- 604a Muffy's Soccer Shocker
- 604b Brother, Can You Spare a Clarinet?
- 605a The Boy Who Cried Comet
- 606a Citizen Frensky
- 607a The Boy with His Head in the Clouds
- 609a The Good Sport
- 610a Arthur Loses His Marbles
- Season 7
- Season 8
- Season 9
- Season 10
- Season 11
- Season 12
- Season 13
- The Great MacGrady 130100
- The Silent Treatment 130201
- Arthur's Number Nightmare 130301
- Brain Gets Hooked 130302
- MacFrensky 130401
- Prunella and the Disappointing Ending 130502
- The Secret Guardians 130702
- Fernlets by Fern 130801
- Prunella and the Haunted Locker 130802
- The Pride of Lakewood 130902
- Looking for Bonnie 131001
- The Secret Origin of Supernova 131002
- Season 14
- 1401a "The Wheel Deal"
- 1401b "The Buster Report"
- 1403a "Nicked by a Name"
- 1403b "The Play's the Thing"
- 1405a "Tales of Grotesquely Grim Bunny"
- 1406a "Follow the Bouncing Ball" (intro only)
- 1407b "Muffy and the Big Bad Blog"
- 1408a "Arthur Unravels"
- 1408b "All the Rage"
- 1409a "D.W., Queen of the Comeback"
- 1410b "The Long Road Home"
- Season 15
- 1501 "Fifteen"
- 1502a "I Wanna Hold Your Hand"
- 1503a "Buster's Secret Admirer"
- 1504a "Cents-less"
- 1504b "Buster the Lounge Lizard"
- 1505a "To Eat or Not to Eat"
- 1505b "S.W.E.A.T."
- 1507a "Prunella the Packrat"
- 1507b "What's in a Name?"
- 1509b "Through the Looking Glasses"
- 1510a "The Butler Did... What?"
- 1510b "The Trouble with Trophies"
- Season 16
- Season 17
- Season 18
- 1802a "The Friend Who Wasn't There"
- 1802b "Surprise!"
- 1803a "The Case of the Girl with the Long Face"
- 1803b "The Substitute Arthur"
- 1804a "Best Wishes"
- 1805b "Arthur Calls It"
- 1806a "Whip. Mix. Blend."
- 1807b "Messy Dress Mess"
- 1808a "Arthur Read: Super Saver"
- 1809a "The Pageant Pickle"
- 1810 "Shelter from the Storm"
- Season 19
- 1901b "Brain Sees Stars"
- 1902a "Sue Ellen Adds It Up"
- 1903a "Arthur's Toy Trouble"
- 1904b "Dueling Detectives!"
- 1905a "Buster Isn't Buying It"
- 1906a "Maria Speaks"
- 1907a "Carl's Concerto"
- 1907b "Too Much of a Good Thing"
- 1908a "Francine's Cleats of Strength"
- 1909a "Mr. Ratburn's Secret Identity"
- 1909b "Besties"
- 1910 "The Last Day"
- Season 20
- Season 21
- Season 22
- Season 23
- 2302 "When Duty Calls"
- Mr. Haney: Principal (Season 1-19)
- Ms. Tingley: Mr. Haney's assistant principal; Interim Principal (Season 20-current)
- Mrs. MacGrady: Lunch Lady
- Mr. Morris: Janitor (Season 1-7, and cameos in subsequent seasons.)
- Ms. Flynn: School Nurse
- Coach Bumpus: Gym Teacher/Coach
- Coach Grimslid: Gym Teacher/Coach
- Mr. Bevel: Shop Teacher
- Ms. Bryan: Art Teacher
- Ms. Krasny: Music Teacher
Teachers with known grade levels are listed below.
|Arthur's Kindergarten Year||Mrs. Robertson|
|Arthur's 1st Grade Year||Ms. Yollanda|
|Arthur's 2nd Grade Year||Mr. Marco||Mr. Ratburn|
|Arthur's 3rd Grade Year||Mrs. Robertson||Mr. Ratburn||Mrs. Frumpus|
|Arthur's 4th Grade Year||Ms. Velez||Miss Sweetwater||Mr. Cramp||Mr. Ratburn||Mr. Marco|
- Mr. Elkin
- Mrs. Bofini
- Ms. Blank
- Ms. Tremello
- Miss Ratburn
- Skip Bitterman (substitute chef)
- Frederique Fugue
The students below are grouped into their grade levels during Arthur's third grade year (i.e., prior to "Arthur's First Day") unless noted otherwise.
- Kindergarten Female Aardvark
- Kindergarten Female Aardvark (Number 2)
- Kindergarten Female Aardvark (Number 3)
- Kindergarten Female Aardvark (Number 4)
- Kindergarten Male Aardvark
- Kindergarten Male Aardvark (Number 2)
- Kindergarten Male Aardvark (Number 3)
- Kindergarten Male Bear
- Kindergarten Male Cat
- Kindergarten Male Rabbit
- Kindergarten Male Rabbit (Number 2)
- Kindergarten Male Rabbit (Number 3)
The following students have only attended kindergarten at Lakewood in "Arthur's First Day."
- Amanda Hulser
- Cheikh Diouf
- D.W. Read
- Emily Leduc
- Fatima Diallo
- James MacDonald
- Kyle Fitzpatrick
- Ryan Bostler-Jackson
- Timmy and Tommy Tibble
- Alex Davidson
- Arthur Read
- Brain (held back in kindergarten)
- Buster Baxter
- Fern Walters
- Francine Frensky
- George Lundgren
- Binky Barnes (held back in third grade)
- Sue Ellen Armstrong
- Fern Walters
- Jenna Morgan
- Maria Pappas
- Paul Jacobs
- Ladonna Compson (former student)
- 3rd Grade Female Aardvark
- Mary Perchanok
- 3rd Grade Female Aardvark (Number 3)
- 3rd Grade Female Aardvark (Number 4)
- 3rd Grade Female Cat (Number 2)
- Beulah McInnerny
- Kenny (known as Bentley Vallinakis in "Arthur's First Day")
- 3rd Grade Male Cat
- 3rd Grade Male Dog
- 3rd Grade Male Dog (Number 2)
- 3rd Grade Male Dog (Number 3)
- 3rd Grade Male Monkey
- 3rd Grade Male Rabbit
- 3rd Grade Male Rabbit (Number 2)
- 3rd Grade Male Rabbit (Number 4)
- 3rd Grade Male Rat
- Prunella Deegan
- Molly MacDonald
- Jack Weasel
- Norman Hedgehog
- 4th Grade Female Aardvark
- 4th Grade Female Aardvark (Number 2)
- 4th Grade Female Bear
- 4th Grade Female Bear (Number 2)
- 4th Grade Female Bear (Number 3)
- 4th Grade Female Cat (Number 2)
- 4th Grade Male Bear
- 4th Grade Male Dog
- 4th Grade Male Rabbit
The following students are only known to have attended fourth grade at Lakewood in "Arthur's First Day."
Students in Unknown Grades
- George's sister
- Unknown Female Aardvark (Number 4)
- Unknown Female Bear (Number 2)
- Unknown Female Bear (Number 3)
- Unknown Female Monkey
- Unknown Female Rabbit (Number 7)
- Unknown Male Aardvark
- Unknown Male Bear
- Unknown Male Bear (Number 2)
- Unknown Male Bear (Number 6)
- Unknown Male Dog (Number 6)
- Maria lookalike
- Unknown Male Rabbit
In "Arthur's Number Nightmare" a seating chart for each class of the school is seen. It reveals unnamed characters whose names are below. Their grades are also unknown. Note that none of these characters are in Mr. Ratburn's class. The name Frances appears in the episode, "Castles in the Sky." It appeared on a posted note underneath a bowl of oranges. The note said "Vote Frances for Student Council" The name Frances appeared prior to the episode "Arthur's Number Nightmare." A few more names were revealed in the episode, "Grandma Thora Appreciation Day."
There are numerous other named students as seen on the class lists from "Arthur's First Day;" however, many of these names are production staff for the TV series. It is unknown if they are actually tied to an existing background character model.
Lakewood competes in at least six interscholastic sports.
They might have a Football team because in "Arthur's Baby" Arthur, Binky and other characters are playing. It appears that Mr. Marco is their coach. The students also compete in a bowling tournament against Mighty Mountain in "Francine's Split Decision". They have even played Jai Alai against Mighty Mountain (mentioned in "Francine's Split Decision").
Lakewood Elementary has hosted many events and festivals.
- 3rd Grade Annual Picnic
- Harvest Day Celebration
- PTA Spring Fundraiser
- Earth Day Fair
- The Teachers' Charity Carnival
Lakewood Elementary occasionally holds contests to allow students to show off their abilities. Sometimes, these contests advance students to a greater level of competition, such as the checkers competition in "A is for Angry."
- Kids Cooking Contest
- Interscholastic Checkers Competition
- Interscholastic Chess Competition
- Lakewood Elementary Reader
- Student Council
- Lakewood Pride Committee (ceased function)
- Computer Club
- Chess Club
- Lakewood Elementary School is named for an actual elementary school that Marc Brown had attended as a kid, as said in a readingrockets interview.
- Classes start at 9:00 am and are released at 3:30 pm daily.
- The school year runs from September to June.
- The exterior of Lakewood Elementary school is based on the school St. Hubert Elementary in Windsor Ontario crossed with a school in Montreal near the old Cinar Studio.
- A school counselor is mentioned by Mr. Haney in "April 9th," but on many occasions, Mrs. MacGrady seems to fill this role, whether officially or unofficially. Mrs. MacGrady is notably overworked and "shorthanded" in the kitchen, implying that small existing cafeteria staff is either unseen, or new workers are hired by Ms. Tingley at a later point.
- Lakewood Elementary provides kitchen duty for its students in episode "Love Notes for Muffy."
- Another extra curricular assignment is to sort mail at the main office.
- In "April 9th," the school has a fire due to faulty wiring. As a result, everyone has to go to Mighty Mountain School temporarily.