|"Matchmaker, Match Breaker"|
|Number in season:||6b|
|Original Airdate:|| April 20, 2009|
April 21, 2009
|Written by:||Allan Neuwirth|
|Storyboard by:||Zhigang Wang|
"The Cherry Tree"
"War of the Worms"
When Muffy's brother, Chip, comes back from college for a visit, Muffy plans to have a dinner party and invites the Frensky family over. During the dinner, Catherine and Chip mingle. Francine and Muffy see the teens and go too far thinking that they will become sisters if Chip and Catherine were to get married. They agree to go to the theater and ask Chip and Catherine to take them. During the movie, Muffy gets unhappy at Francine for Catherine not sharing the armrest with Chip, and Francine gets offended at Muffy because of Chip not getting Catherine a drink. They stay calm and overhear Chip asking Catherine to hang out after the movie. Muffy comes by with good news saying that they are going to hang out at the Chickin Lickin the next afternoon. Francine and Muffy disguise themselves and observe Chip has brought along Angi, one of Catherine's friends. They start to disagree and blame each other for the incident at the movies, then leave. At home, Francine chooses to write a letter to Catherine from Chip saying that he is moving to Alaska, whereas Muffy makes Bailey call Catherine for a survey and later edit it. Chip and Catherine receive the messages and plan to go to each other's homes. The pair realizes that it was Muffy and Francine, and notify them by saying that they are just good friends.
- This is the debuting episode of Chip Crosswire on screen. Previously, he was just mentioned.
- In real life, Muffy and Francine would be distant marital relatives if anything were to take place, although that they would have been sisters may just be a mistaken belief on their part.
- Leafblower Three could be a parody of The Texas Chainsaw Massacare and Saw.
- The Frenskwire Sisters segment in the episode is a parody of the sitcom Laverne and Shirley.
- Stardoes (mentioned by Chip) refers to Starbucks.
- Main article: Matchmaker, Match Breaker/Gallery