|Job||3rd Grade Teacher
2nd Grade Teacher "First Day"
|Book debut||Arthur and the True Francine|
|Cartoon debut||"Arthur and the Real Mr. Ratburn"|
Miss Sweetwater[note 1] is one of the third grade teachers at Lakewood Elementary School. Miss Sweetwater is a commonly-seen teacher at Lakewood who loves to do fun things with her students. She’s often seen playing her guitar and passing out snacks to the class if they do well at their lessons.
Her homework is also known to be rather easy, unlike Mr. Ratburn's. However, she often teaches things that her students should already know at the 3rd Grade level, and compared to Mr. Ratburn, is more interested in doing fun things than actual teaching.
Miss Sweetwater once served as a substitute for Arthur's class when their earlier substitute, Ms. Blank, was unable to come. She let them color and have snacks all day while she was the substitute, much to the class's delight.
In "Arthur's First Day," her class list identifies her as a second grade teacher for the new school year.
Miss Sweetwater is a tall rabbit with white fur and neck-length brown hair. She is always seen wearing a turquoise blazer and skirt with brown shoes. In the early Arthur books, she is depicted as a cat and wore glasses, although the cartoon and later books changed her appearance to that of a rabbit and removed the glasses.
Miss Sweetwater is, as her name implies, a very sweet woman who loves to have fun all day. She likes to sing songs, give snacks and treats to her students, and often does puppet shows or plays the guitar. She doesn’t have a bad temper at all and gets along with everybody in the school. But she can be a bit pesky and aloof, once scaring off the secretary Ms. Tingley when she insisted on playing a guitar solo in the episode Draw! in order to brighten her mood and chased her all around the school.
Miss Sweetwater may be unfocused, however, as she rarely is ever seen teaching truly serious lessons to her students and isn’t much of a challenge when compared to Mr. Ratburn.
- Arthur and the Real Mr. Ratburn (Debut) 10201
- Arthur's Spelling Trubble (Cameo) 10202
- Buster Makes the Grade 10702
- Francine Frensky, Superstar 11002
- Arthur's Almost Boring Day 12001
- Arthur's Substitute Teacher Trouble 12702
- Draw! 20102
- Arthur's Lucky Pencil 20202
- The Short, Quick Summer 20902
- Love Notes for Muffy 21601
- The Chips are Down 30501
- Revenge of the Chip 30502
- Meet Binky 30602
- Dad's Dessert Dilemma 30702
- Arthur's Almost Live Not Real Music Festival 31102
- Binky Barnes, Wingman (Picture) 40701
- April 9th 71000
- Desk Wars 80701
- What's Cooking? (Cameo) 101001
- Germophobia (Cameo) 110102
- Buster the Lounge Lizard 150402
- Mr. Ratburn and the Special Someone (Cameo) 220101
- 3rd Grade Male Rabbit
- 3rd Grade Male Dog
- 3rd Grade Female Aardvark
- 3rd Grade Male Rat
- 3rd Grade Female Cat (Number 2)
- Miss Sweetwater's favorite song on the guitar is I Like Fudge.
- In some episodes, she is sometimes incorrectly referred to "Mrs. Sweetwater" despite the fact that the other female third grade teacher Mrs. Fink is the only one married.
- Every student in Miss Sweetwater's current class has spoken in past episodes.