|"Muffy Gets Mature"|
|Number in season:||10b|
|Original Airdate:|| November 27, 2000|
January 12, 2001
|Written by:||Michel Lamoreaux|
|Storyboard by:||Robert Yap|
"Arthur's Family Feud"
"Sue Ellen Gets Her Goose Cooked"
During lunchtime, Muffy is sitting with Francine in the school cafeteria. She chastises Francine for eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, as well as carrying a childish lunchbox, because according to her Mature Miss magazine, salads are what she should be eating.
Later, Muffy is at a sleepover with Francine and upon seeing that Francine's pajamas are footsie pajamas, refers her to her magazine again, saying that mature women wear pajamas without feet in them. Francine gets offended by the remark and tells Muffy that if she doesn't want hang out with her, she should find more mature friends. Muffy proclaims that is just what she'll do and calls for a ride home. While she's waiting, Muffy overhears Catherine talking about going shopping for something to wear to a party the next day and decides that she is the mature friend she is looking for. Muffy offers to take Catherine shopping, suggesting that they look for something vintage as her magazine proclaims that is the in-look. Catherine is skeptical about hanging out with Muffy because she's a third grader but when Muffy promises her a ride in the limo, she agrees.
The next day, Muffy and Catherine go to a boutique, where Muffy chooses an outfit that Catherine admits that she actually likes. Then, Muffy convinces Catherine to get a pedicure and she's impressed with how small her feet look. Afterward, Muffy treats her to lunch and is pleased that Catherine is mature enough to order a salad. While Catherine is using the restroom, Arthur and Francine walk past on their way to the roller rink and are surprised when Muffy tells them she is having lunch with Catherine. Francine tells Muffy that Catherine won't want to keep hanging out with her because she's a third grader and she's in high school but Muffy does not listen to Francine. After Catherine returns, Muffy begs her to let her come to the party. Catherine tells Muffy that she isn't that mature but agrees to let her drop her off.
When they get to the party, Muffy tells Catherine's friends that she's very mature and they ask her to join them. She accepts, but is disgusted when they talk about kissing. When they play some music, Muffy starts to dance, since she read an article in Mature Miss about dance moves, but the girls state that they don't dance to music, they just listen to "the poetry of the words" which confuses Muffy. Then Angi offers everyone some coffee, but Muffy mentions that in Mature Miss, it says that coffee stunts growth spurts. Angi proclaims that Muffy shouldn't listen to everything in those teen magazines because they're just opinions. Catherine's friends all go to the kitchen while saying how funny Muffy is, which leaves her depressed and humiliated. Catherine comforts her saying that she's cool for her age, but not ready to be around high schoolers yet. Muffy agrees, calls for her limo and tosses her magazine into a wastebasket.
The next day at lunch, Francine is surprised to see Muffy eating a PB&J sandwich out of a lunchbox. After school, Muffy invites Francine to a slumber party, to which Francine asks if she has "the right pajamas". Muffy proclaims that Francine can wear whatever she wants. When Francine questions Muffy's generosity, Muffy admits that she isn't as mature as she thought she was, and admits that Francine was right; she's not ready to hang out with teenagers yet. Francine accepts her apology and even admits that she thinks about being a teenager sometimes. Muffy asks if that means Francine will get rid of the footsie pajamas but says she is kidding and the girls bond with each other and are best friends again.
- This is the final Arthur episode released in the 20th century.
- This is the last episode where Michael Yarmush voices Arthur after voicing him for 5 seasons. He would return to the series in season 9 to voice Slink. He also would voice the waiter in the episode Happy Anniversary.
- Additionally, Michael would later reprise his role as an adult version of Arthur in the series finale episode "All Grown Up".
- This is the last episode to use the original color palettes.
- It is revealed that Catherine's feet are a size 11.
- While Muffy and Catherine are clothes shopping, a red sweater with an A on it can be seen in the background. This could be a reference to Alvin and the Chipmunks.
- When Catherine puts down the phone, in the close-up, her hand is lighter than normal.
- When Muffy realizes that she is not ready to hang around teenagers, Catherine tells her that Francine has been missing her all week. This is incorrect, as Muffy and Francine only fought the night before.
- This is the last episode in which Lucie Touchette is the production accountant.