|"Muffy Goes Metropolitan"|
|Number in season:||2B|
|Original Airdate:|| October 9, 2002|
|Written by:||Matthew Lane|
|Storyboard by:||Jeremy O'Neill|
"Francine's Split Decision"
"Ants in Arthur's Pants"
Muffy finally gets to visit the big city when Sue Ellen invites her to Crown City for a weekend, and the realities of city life turn out to be nothing like her fantasies.
On the start of a three day weekend, Muffy joins in on a conversation about Crown City because Sue Ellen was talking about her upcoming trip to Crown City. Muffy feels disappointed because she had never been there, unlike most of the other kids. She convinces Sue Ellen to take her with her, and she makes a list of three activities she wants to do: 1: Have a fancy dinner. 2: Go on a shopping spree, and 3: experience a tasteful cultural event. They drive there, and meet Sue Ellen's former babysitter Carla.
However, they all go to an Ethiopian restaurant called Addis Ababa. Muffy has to eat with her hands, which annoys her. She almost gets hit in the face by a fish while Carla was shopping for fish. She goes to the store Little Lady Dollar Mart. Carla offers a cow-colored beret that she found in the store. After declining it, she finally accepts it and buys it, but does not wear it.
Later in the evening, she goes to a poetry club called Renee's, to complete her task of "tasteful cultural event". She sits down and gum gets stuck to her dress. She gets angry, and rants about how bad Crown City is. Everybody claps for her, including Carla and Sue Ellen because they thought it was a poem for the Poetry Slam.
Muffy leaves, majorly upset, and cries, then goes underground to the Crown City Subway. She later appreciates the value of the city and its culture, and finally chooses to wear the cow beret.
- 4th Grade Male Dog
- Leah MacGrady
- Beulah McInnerny
- 3rd Grade Female Cat (Number 2)
- 3rd Grade Male Dog (Number 3)
- 3rd Grade Male Cat
- 3rd Grade Male Rat
- 3rd Grade Female Aardvark
- 3rd Grade Male Dog
- George Lundgren
- Jenna Morgan
- Fern Walters
- Binky Barnes
- The Ethiopian restaurant they go to, Addis Ababa, is named after the capital city of Ethiopia.
- The opening sequence is a parody of the 1960s sitcom That Girl.
- Muffy throwing her hat in the air is a reference to the 1970s sitcom The Mary Tyler Moore Show.
- Andy Warthog and Keith Herring, the artists Muffy dreams of meeting at an art exhibit, are spoofs of artists Andy Warhol and Keith Haring respectively. Their art styles can be seen in the pieces based on Muffy.
- Rats could be a parody of the Andrew Lloyd Webber play, Cats.
- There is an ad for a parade that occurs on the date of when the episode takes place, May 25. Coincidentally, this is the same date as Muffy's birthday.
- One of Muffy's imaginary outfits shares the same color scheme and pattern as the abstract painting seen in Binky Barnes, Art Expert.
- D.W. mentions the game Tower of Cows from Double Tibble Trouble.