|List of Arthur seasons|
|1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · 9 · 10 · 11 · 12|
13 · 14 · 15 · 16 · 17 · 18 · 19 · 20 · 21 · 22
Season 6 of Arthur premiered in the United States on September 24, 2001 on PBS.
Starting with this season, the color palettes for the characters were given brighter touches and better colors.
This was the first season in which Arthur had a new voice actor, Justin Bradley. Mark Rendall, the voice actor for Arthur in seasons 7 and 8, later redubbed the voice of Arthur in this season after Bradley's was unfavorable.
Among other firsts in this season, the following are introduced:
- Frederique Fugue as Arthur's new piano teacher
- The Molina family and their dog Amigo becoming the new neighbors for the Reads
- Jenna's first major role in an episode.
|"Sue Ellen Gets Her Goose Cooked"||86||1a||September 24, 2001|
|Sue Ellen and her friends continuously lose against an anonymous player on an Internet game, "Virtual Goose". When she finds herself obsessed with winning against that player, she makes a promise not to play for a week.|
|"Best of the Nest"||86||1b||September 24, 2001|
|Arthur and his friends stop playing "Virtual Goose", due to the fact that D.W. always wins, and move onto "Virtual Goose v5.0", a six-player multiplayer game where only one will win. The Brain loses and is challenged as to whether or not he could survive out in the wild, so he starts a camping trip. However, his friends, and even Mr. Ratburn, seem more interested in the internet.|
|"Arthur Plays the Blues"||87||2a||October 1, 2001|
|Arthur gets a new piano teacher, Dr. Frederique Fugue, who is not only one of the best teachers but also one of the strictest. When he fails to practice sufficiently, Dr. Fugue "fires" him. Wanting to be rehired, he begins practicing the piece he was supposed to.|
|"Buster's Sweet Success"||87||2b||October 1, 2001|
|Buster is fundraising for the school band by selling chocolates, but he ends up eating some of them and giving others away. Since he does not have the money to pay for them he opts to make some, which he calls Buster Clusters, but they are only worth of being joke ones.|
|"Prunella's Special Edition"||88||3a||October 8, 2001|
|Prunella is excited to get her new monogrammed limited edition Henry Skreever book in the mail, but finds that it is in Braille. When she goes to the library to get it with words, she meets a blind girl named Marina, who is looking for it in Braille, and they become friends.|
|"The Secret Life of Dogs and Babies"||88||3b||October 8, 2001|
|Kate and Pal can understand each other, but older people like the rest of the Reads can't. When David can not find the figurine that goes on top of the wedding cake he made (which D.W. has mistaken for one of her "delicate" toys), Kate and Pal work together to get it on top of the cake before it gets to the wedding.|
|"Muffy's Soccer Shocker"||89||4a||October 15, 2001|
|Muffy's dad is the new soccer coach and has the team do drills named after car parts. Muffy is not enjoying it since he is tougher on her and even makes her the goalie. The team doubts his coaching methodology until they finally tie a game.|
|"Brother, Can You Spare a Clarinet?"||89||4b||October 15, 2001|
|The Young Person's Orchestra is going to hold tryouts at Lakewood Elementary. Everyone in the band thinks Binky is the best. However, since he can't perform well with his malfunctioning clarinet and can't afford a new one, he starts a scheme with the rest of the Tough Customers to get rid of music.|
|"The Boy Who Cried Comet"||90||5a||October 22, 2001|
|Buster thinks he saw a UFO, but no one believes him because he said that too many times. He borrows Muffy's telescope and finds a comet headed for Earth. No one believes him, but this time he has proof. They discover that the telescope is malfunctioning.|
|"Arthur and Los Vecinos"||90||5b||October 22, 2001|
|A new family is moving in next door to the Reads after their neighbor, Mr. Sipple, moves away. They get to know the Molinas and discover how similar they are|
|"Citizen Frensky"||91||6a||October 29, 2001|
|Francine is head of the new school newspaper after shadowing Buster's mom at work and taking a front page picture. She takes potentially embarrassing photos and publishes them out of context with embarrassing captions.|
|"D.W.'s Backpack Mishap"||91||6b||October 29, 2001|
|D.W. grabs the wrong backpack when it starts to rain at the community pool. She goes in search of the mysterious "_OM__ ___BLE" who she believes is a backpack thief. She uses things she found in it (i.e. a pair of panpipes, an Eiffel Tower figure, a Great Wall snowglobe, etc.) and concludes that "_OM_____BLE" wears the pipes to hide his sharp pointy teeth, and lives in a snowy section of China. It turns out that the mysterious "_OM_____BLE" is none other than Tommy Tibble.|
|"The Boy with His Head in the Clouds"||92||7a||November 5, 2001|
|George has trouble reading and does not want anyone to think he is dumb. He takes Binky to be his mentor to teach him to be tough so no one will tease him, but realizes he was not cut out for being tough. He finds out that he has dyslexia and works his way around it.|
|"More!"||92||7b||November 5, 2001|
|D.W. is excited to be getting an allowance, but is discontent once she learns that Emily and the Tibble Twins have already been getting one and have more money. When she fails to get a bigger one, she pretends that she gets more than they do.|
|"Rhyme for Your Life"||93||8a||November 12, 2001|
|Binky is trying to write a rhyming poem for his mom, but he does not think he can. When he falls asleep he finds himself in a dream where it is a crime not to rhyme.|
|"For Whom the Bell Tolls"||93||8b||November 12, 2001|
|Arthur is overjoyed that D.W. lost her voice, but is not so excited when he has to do what she wants him to. When he discovers that she is better but continues faking, he gets his friends to come up with a plan to expose her lie.|
|"The Good Sport"||94||9a||November 19, 2001|
|Michelle Kwan is presenting the Athlete of the Year Award, but Francine is upset when it goes to Jenna. She rubs in the fact that she thinks she should deserve it by giving Jenna unwanted attention. Michelle Kwan guest stars as herself.|
|"Crushed"||94||9b||November 19, 2001|
|Arthur has a crush on his new babysitter, Sally. He is devastated when he discovers that she has a boyfriend named Corey. He tries to avoid her by going to Buster's only to find that she is there to babysit him.|
|"Arthur Loses His Marbles"||95||10a||November 26, 2001|
|Muffy's new marbles prompt Arthur and his friends to start playing marbles. Arthur signs up for a marbles tournament after he gets trained by Grandma Thora. When he discovers that he has to compete against her in the tournament, he plays poorly on purpose, but she loses first when she finds out what is happening.|
|"Friday the 13th"||95||10b||November 26, 2001|
|The Brain does not believe in superstitions and goes on to try to prove this by doing things superstitiously believed to bring bad luck, like breaking a mirror. Counter to his hypothesis, a streak of bad luck strikes.|
- This season is the first and only one to feature Justin Bradley as the voice of Arthur, taking over from Michael Yarmush whose voice matured in 2000 (season 5) and the first season where Samuel Holden voices Timmy Tibble instead of Ricky Mabe.
- When Mark Rendall took over voicing Arthur in the following season, he re-dubbed Bradley's dialogue for syndication, though it is retained in international airings and home releases.
- This season is the second and last one to feature Steven Crowder as The Brain.
- This season is also the last one to feature Oliver Grainger as D.W. and Jonathan Koensgen as Tommy Tibble.
- This season's end credits originally used a remixed end theme music, containing the original theme song mixed with Francine's "You Can Fly If You Try" soul music as well as D.W. chanting "Yeah, Mama!". It was replaced during U.S. second run syndication in the mid-2010s.
- The VHS and DVD releases would use 3 different color background fundings and would use different PBS Kids logos depending on the background. Originally, after the yellow background version ended, the PBS Kids logo is absent, but beginning with the 2003 DVD of Arthur Gets Spooked, the PBS Kids Dot Transformation logo is added after the yellow background funding. The Dot Transformation logo is also used after the green background funding starting with the 2002 DVD of Arthur the Good Sport. When the background was now purple, beginning with the 2004 DVD of Arthur Parents Are From Pluto, the PBS Kids Dash Transformation logo was added after that version of the funding. The green background version makes a surprise appearance on the 2005 DVD of Arthur's Tooth, but the PBS Kids Dot Transformation logo was replaced by the PBS Kids Fishbowl logo. The yellow background variant makes a surprise appearance on the 2005 DVD of You are Arthur, along with the PBS Kids Dot Transformation logo. However, all TV airings just had the yellow background funding and PBS Kids Dot Transformation logo. Reruns of Season 5 also used the funding.
The Justin Bradley version for this season somehow ended up moving to Australia. It was even released on DVD as a result.