|"That's a Baby Show!"|
|Number in season:||10B|
|Original Airdate:|| October 18, 1999|
January 17, 2000
|Written by:||Joe Fallon|
|Storyboard by:||Robert Yap|
"My Music Rules"
"Arthur and the Big Riddle"
Arthur is embarrassed to admit that he's hooked on a new TV show that's really targeted for younger kids.
The show starts with Mary Moo Cow singing about fun Arthur cuts her off and blames it on D.W.. He says this is where he talks. D.W. is tired of him talking and wants to hear from someone new. Arthur stops her, saying Mary Moo Cow is a baby show. She says she loves it and everyone will love it. Arthur cues the show saying "That's a baby show!"
After the title card, Arthur learns from Buster and Francine about a new show called Dark Bunny. Eagerly he goes home to see it, only to find D.W. already watching "Mary Moo Cow". D.W. hears Arthur will watch Dark Bunny soon and tells him she watched an episode and it scared her, and Mom doesn't want her to be scared.
As Mary Moo Cow ends, Arthur is about to change the television to the channel on which Dark Bunny airs, but instead ends up watching Love Ducks, which according to D.W. is a "baby show". Arthur is intrigued by it because it's "weird."
Arthur watches Love Ducks every day instead of Dark Bunny, and, as a result, has difficulty discussing Dark Bunny in any depth with his friends. One day, Buster and Francine discover that he was watching Love Ducks, and Francine tells everyone about it.
When Buster happens to see Love Ducks on a television set in a store window, he likes what he sees, and goes to buy a Love Ducks CD. Arthur and his friends gather at his house to watch the show with Baby Kate. All his friends, even Francine, admit to being fans of "Love Ducks" because of its strangeness.
- D.W. Read
- Muffy Crosswire
- Mary Moo Cow
- Jane Read
- Nigel Ratburn
- Binky Barnes
- The Brain
- Catherine Frensky
- George Lundgren
- Prunella Deegan
- Sue Ellen Armstrong
- Ms. Morgan
- Maria Pappas
- 3rd Grade Female Aardvark
- 3rd Grade Male Rat
- 3rd Grade Female Cat (Number 2)
- 3rd Grade Male Rabbit
- Fern Walters
- 3rd Grade Male Dog
- Beulah McInnerny
- George Lundgren admits he has been watching the Love Ducks for the past year.
- When Buster and Francine leave Arthur's house, the Spooky Poo theme song can be heard.
- This episode reveals that Buster and Brain hate Mary Moo Cow as much as Arthur does.
- D.W. mispronounces Bionic Bunny's name, despite saying it correctly in "Buster's New Friend."
- Love Ducks is a parody of Teletubbies (like Arthur, also owned by WildBrain as of 2013), and Dark Bunny is a parody of Batman: The Animated Series. The scene transitions featuring the Dark Bunny logo zooming in and out reference the zooming Batman logo transitions from the 1960s live-action Batman TV series.
- Several pieces of classical music are heard in the Love Ducks.
- Francine mentions The Nutcracker Suite.
- The book The Red Dog is first shown in the episode "D.W.'s Library Card."
- When D.W. mispronounces Bionic Bunny's name, this can be similar to her mispronouncing Mr. Ratburn's name in The Rat Who Came to Dinner.
- Love Ducks is mentioned again in "The Secret Life of Dogs and Babies."
- This is the last episode written by Joe Fallon due to his departure.
- This is the last episode where Luke Reid voices Brain.