The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
The Beatles were a British rock/pop group that were its popularity in the U.S. from 1963 to 1970.
The references are:
- I Wanna Hold Your Hand: The song of the same name.
- Buster Baxter and the Letter from the Sea: "Do Octopuses have gardens?" A reference to "Octopus's Garden."
- In My Africa: A clear reference to The Beatles' album, Abbey Road. Brain's cousin Cheikh is possibly a reference to the character of the same name in the Beatles' film "A Hard Day's Night."
- Muffy and the Big Bad Blog: The name of Francine's and Muffy's jointly owned blog is called "She Said, She Said." This is the title of a song from the album Revolver.
- The Agent Of Change: Binky mentions a character from the movie "Trucks" named "Rita the Meter Maid." This is a reference to the song "Lovely Rita," a song off of the album called Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.
- The earliest Beatles reference can be found in the episode "Arthur's Spelling Trubble." When Arthur is reading his dictionary, one of the entries is called "Abbey Road."
- Arthur, It's Only Rock and Roll: Whenever Francine, Fern, and Binky are chased by the preschoolers, they had a music chase sequence, in the style of "A Hard Day's Night." Also, in "Manager of My Dreams," the Backstreet Boys are wearing uniforms resembling those worn by the Beatles during the Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band era.
- In the episode "The Secret Origin of Supernova," a model of a yellow submarine is seen on a shelf in Freddie K's store. This could be referencing the song (and movie) "Yellow Submarine." A yellow submarine is also seen on a poster in the Sugar Bowl in several episodes, including "Sue Ellen Chickens Out".
- In the episode "Prunella Deegan and the Disappointing Ending", a place in the final "Henry Skreever" book is called "Castle Penny Lane." This is referencing the song "Penny Lane."
- In "The Last Tough Customer," the Tough Customers, as MCTC, wear outfits similar to Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.