| The picture used in this article is unsatisfactory.|
Reason: Title card 2 is surrounded by red lines.
Please feel free to replace it so it conforms to Arthur Wiki conventions.
|"The Last King of Lambland"|
|Number in season:||3b|
|Original Airdate:|| October 12, 2011|
May 13, 2013
January 17, 2011
October 11, 2010
January 1, 2013
|Written by:||Tolon Brown|
|Storyboard by:||Robert Yap|
"Buster's Secret Admirer"
James receives a gift from his uncle in Scotland - a toy lamb that will supposedly give its owner the powers of the legendary James the Squinty, leader of the clan MacDoogal-Donald's!
The episode starts out in Scotland. A man rides his bicycle to a castle and a piece of art in it tells the story of the MacDoogal-Donald's, James' ancestors. They had one good ruler, and than many bad ones, such as Kilgore the Dim, Edna the Easily Amused, and Oliver the Wolliper. After many years of bad rulers a kid came into power and he was gave prosperity to the land for many years. He was named "James the Squinty".
The scene goes to the MacDonalds' House. The man turns out to be James' and Molly's uncle, Myles. Myles sends James a stuffed sheep. Ownership of the sheep is rumored to cause as much bravery and wisdom as James the Squinty. Myles sent Molly a CD from a local punk band, Loch Tess.
After the title card, James is seen playing with the stuffed sheep at preschool along with Liam, who has the hiccups. The Tibble Twins scare Liam which causes him to step on James' lunch. The Tibble Twins grab James' stuffed lamb and call it "an ugly mouse". James tells them it has magic powers, but the Tibbles don't believe him.
Outside, James dumps out his lunch onto a picnic table, and it is crushed. Liam still has the hiccups. D.W. tells Liam he needs Arthur to scare him, and she remembers the time when Arthur scared her on Halloween. Just when James is about to throw out his lunch, he changes his mind and gives it to animals. The Tibble Twins see this, and think that he is talking to the animals like the legend said, so the Tibbles take the lamb, but James gets it back.
The Tibbles try to follow James, who is in the Ice Cream Shop with Molly. James takes a quarter out of the lamb's mouth, and they think it is magical. When James walks out the Tibbles bow to him. They treat him like a king, which makes the other preschoolers unhappy, until Molly reminds him that James the Squinty was kind. So he gives the stuffed lamb to Liam. He is scared at first, but he sees his hiccups stopped, which makes him happy.
- Amanda Hulser
- Arthur Read (flashback)
- Jane Read (flashback)
- Mrs. Tibble
- Thora Read
- Liam's name is revealed in this episode (although it had already been used in the books).
- Arthur is absent from this episode, except the title card in the U.S., and he does however make a cameo appearance in a flashback.
- The title parodies the 2006 British drama movie, The Last King of Scotland.
- Liam's nose color constantly changes between black and pink in this episode.
- D.W.'s memory of Arthur's "Frankentist" Halloween costume had her turn on a flashlight and Arthur was standing right in front of her, but in "Hic or Treat," he was walking down the stairs with Jane's flashlight shining on him. Also, D.W. was wearing her normal clothes in "Hic or Treat," while her memory of it depicts her wearing a green and orange dress.
- This is the first episode to be written by Tolon Brown, who is the son of Arthur creator Marc Brown.