|"The Law of the Jungle Gym"|
|Number in season:||3b|
|Original Airdate:|| December 22, 2004|
May 10, 2005
January 2, 2008
|Written by:||Matt Steinglass|
|Storyboard by:||Gerry Capelle|
"Arthur Weighs In"
"Buster's Green Thumb"
Muffy has discovered that the jungle gym is the perfect place to take pictures with her new digital camera — if playground bully Molly will let her.
At the playground at Lakewood, all the kids are busy hanging out and playing with one another. Muffy approaches the gang and she has a new camera with her. The gang soon gets into position for a picture. Muffy soon backs up further, so she can get all of them in one picture. She then climbs onto the jungle gym and then is confronted by Molly of the Tough Customers. Muffy tells Molly to wait as she is trying to take a picture. After taking the picture soon Muffy has to deal with the Tough Customers and after being tripped by the Tough Customers Muffy tells the group of bullies she is not going anywhere. After the bell rings the gang especially Francine comments on how well Muffy did when she stood up to the Tough Customers. Binky tries to convince Molly that Muffy doesn't know what she's doing, but Molly tells him that if Muffy ever gets on the jungle gym they were going to teach her a lesson.
The next day at recess, all the kids are soon hanging out on the jungle gym, much to the surprise of the Tough Customers. Molly then orders everyone on the jungle gym to get off and Muffy tries to leave, but Francine insists she stay to stand up to the bullies again. Muffy then tries to offer the Tough Customers five dollars to use the jungle gym to take pictures, but Molly declines and tells Muffy to leave.
The next day she gets permission to use the jungle gym by getting her lawyer, but things don't go well afterward. Muffy gets soda sprayed on her shirt by Molly and while Molly and Muffy are arguing they get knocked to the ground along with Jenna and Slink. Binky then tells Molly it's time for them to come up with another plan. They decide to find a new place to hang out and everyone in the group agrees — except for Molly, who says that the jungle gym is where they became the Tough Customers. Everyone, however, decides that a new place to hang out will work.
Early in the morning, Molly is along and is approached by Muffy, who tells her she isn't done yet, but Molly tells her she has won much to the surprise of Muffy. While Molly isn't enjoying the new place the Tough Customers are hanging out at, Muffy doesn't like how her pictures come out. Molly then visits Muffy at her house and tells her that she wants the jungle gym back and Muffy agrees to it since her shots didn't come out well, but they stage an argument of some sort — so one from the school will suspect that they had already talked to one another.
- The Brain
- Buster Baxter
- Jenna Morgan
- Arthur Read (heard in small crowd)
- Sue Ellen Armstrong (heard in small crowd)
- Francis Haney
- A black cat
- Ed Crosswire
- Muffy Crosswire's Attorney
- Fern Walters
- George Lundgren
- Timmy and Tommy Tibble
- Maria Pappas
- James MacDonald
- Nigel Ratburn
- 3rd Grade Male Dog
- 3rd Grade Male Dog (Number 3)
- 3rd Grade Male Rabbit
- 3rd Grade Male Cat
- 3rd Grade Male Rat
- Beulah McInnerny
- 3rd Grade Female Cat (Number 2)
- Unnamed crocodile
- 3rd Grade Female Aardvark
- The episode's title is a play on the phrase "the law of the jungle".
- When Ed Crosswire lies to Molly about Muffy moving to Paris to study astronomy, Molly somehow knew that Muffy was under the table. It is possible though that she saw through the foyer that led to the living room.
- Starting with this episode, Slink is now voiced by Michael Yarmush, the original voice of Arthur.
- Running Gag: Background noise drowning out the sound of Molly threatening Muffy.
- After Molly says that Muffy is going to pay them, Rattles and Slink's voices are switched.
- Timmy and Tommy Tibble and James can be seen in the Lakewood Elementary Playground even though they're in Preschool.
- Main article: The Law of the Jungle Gym/Gallery