The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|Thomas Alva Edison|
|Cartoon debut||"Francine Frensky, Superstar" (minor character of episode; not seen but mentioned many times) |
Thomas Alva Edison was the inventor of 1,093 inventions, the most famous of which was the first practical lightbulb, A.K.A. the incandescent lamp.
- In "Francine Frensky, Superstar," the class performs a play about Edison's inventions.
- Brain's goal in "The World Record" was to break Edison's record of inventing 1,093 inventions. Edison is also mentioned in the chapter book based on the episode.
- Edison's first actual appearance was in the opening of "The Cave" where Arthur assists him in testing his prototype lightbulb.
- His quote "Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration" is cited in "Arthur Plays the Blues" and "Brain's Shocking Secret".
- In "Brain's Shocking Secret" Brain names him as an example for geniuses who did poorly in school.
- In "Muffy's Classy Classics Club," Brain mentions that book one of the Pretty Pioneers series is inaccurate because it is set in 1865, and yet a record player is featured, which wasn't invented by Edison until 1877.
- Wikipedia article on Thomas Edison
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.