|Number in season:||7A|
|Original Airdate:|| May 23, 2006|
September 26, 2006
November 13, 2006
|Written by:||Dietrich Smith|
|Storyboard by:||Elie Klimos|
"Arthur Changes Gears"
"D.W., Bossy Boots"
After finding an old novel entitled "93 Million Miles in a Balloon", Arthur discovers that the last pages of the book are missing and embarks on a hunt to find out what the ending is.
Arthur and his parents are going to the Fox's retirement party which is for adults only. Arthur keeps on asking why and is frustrated because he does not get an answer.
Just then he finds an old novel entitled "93 Million Miles in a Balloon" since Mr. Fox got it from his granddaddy when he was Arthur's age. He chooses to read the book and reads it at home. It is about Gustavius Boles, who planned to travel with a young compatriot 93 million miles in a balloon. They are near the sun when Arthur discovers the end is missing.
David calls Mr. Fox where it is, but he saw no lost pages and he couldn't remember the ending. He finds an available copy at the library, but the person got it ten years ago and then moved away. It is out of print and the library couldn't find another available copy.
Arthur and Jane find an available copy on the Internet at home, but it cost $1000. However, there was a 16-mm film called "93 Million Miles in a Balloon". The film doesn’t do anything, as it’s just a musical with a woman singing a song about going to Broadway from Nebraska in a balloon, 93 million miles away.
Then, Jane finds some lost pages in Arthur’s jacket, and they’re shown to be ruined.
Then there is a dream with Gustavius Bolds and Arthur near the sun.
A woman near Shelbytown has an available book called "93 Million Miles in a Balloon", but the kids scribbled in the ending.
David then tells Arthur it is hard to predict if he will ever find the ending, but that's what makes it exciting. Arthur has another dream, in which he tells Gustavius Boles that people can not always give you answers, so you have to find them yourself. They set course for the sun.
- Mrs. Fox
- Paige Turner
- Buster Baxter
- Francine Frensky
- Muffy Crosswire
- The Brain
- A woman from Shelbytown
- Unknown Male Adult Rabbit (Number 3)
- Unknown Female Adult Rabbit (Number 4)
- Bruno's Music worker
- D.W. doesn't appear in this episode but she's mentioned at the very beginning of this episode.
- The age of "93 Million Miles in a Balloon" and the combination of technology and fantastical adventures allude to Jules Verne's novels, especially “Five Weeks In A Balloon”.
- The balloon passes the Falls of Glomach in Scotland and the Taj Mahal in India.
- Shelbytown, a neighboring town of Elwood City, could be an allusion to Shelbyville, the neighboring town of Springfield in “The Simpsons”.
- Like all episodes of Season 10, this episode included the number '10' hidden in various places. For a list of them, see ARTHUR Season 10 Scavenger Hunt.
- Main article: Unfinished/Gallery