|Number in season:||7A|
|Original Airdate:|| May 23, 2006|
September 26, 2006
November 13, 2006
May 2, 2008
|Written by:||Dietrich Smith|
|Storyboard by:||Elie Klimos|
"Arthur Changes Gears"
"D.W., Bossy Boots"
Arthur cannot wait to finish reading his book, but the last few pages are missing.
Just then, he finds an old novel entitled 93 Million Miles in a Balloon, which Mr. Fox got from his grandfather when he was Arthur's age. Mr. Fox allows him to keep it, and he begins reading it. and reads it at home. It is about Dr. Gustavius Boles, who planned to travel 93 million miles in a balloon with a young compatriot named Caleb Trimingham. When Arthur's parents tell him it's time to go home, he takes the book with him and continues reading it at home and past his bedtime. Caleb and Triningham are about to fly into the sun to discover where it connects to when Arthur discovers the ending pages of the book are missing, and he yells for his parents, waking them up. When they rush into his bedroom, they ask him what he was doing past his bedtime, and he answers that he was reading, and also nervously asks them if that's good.
David calls Mr. Fox to ask where the missing pages are, but he's seen no lost pages and he can't remember the ending. Arthur finds an available copy at the library, but the person got it ten years ago and then moved away. It is out of print and the library couldn't find another available copy.
Arthur and Jane find an available copy on the Internet at home, but it cost $1000. However, there was a 16-mm film called 93 Million Miles in a Balloon. The film doesn't do anything, as it's just a musical with a woman singing a song about going to Broadway from Nebraska in a balloon, 93 million miles away.
Then, Jane finds some lost pages in Arthur's jacket, and they're shown to be ruined.
Arthur then has an imagination sequence where Gustavius Bolls and himself are about to fly into the sun.
David then tells Arthur it is hard to predict if he will ever find the ending, but that's what makes it exciting. Arthur has another dream, in which he tells Gustavius Boles that people cannot always give you answers, so you have to find them yourself. They set course for the sun.
- Mrs. Fox
- Paige Turner
- Buster Baxter
- Francine Frensky
- Muffy Crosswire
- The Brain
- Bugsby Brown
- Sally (rabbit)
- Gustavius Boles (musical character)
- A woman from Shelbytown
- Rabbit kids
- Unknown Male Adult Rabbit (Number 3)
- Unknown Female Adult Rabbit (Number 4)
- Bruno's Music worker
- D.W. doesn't appear in this episode but is mentioned at the very beginning of this episode. Kate is also absent from this episode.
- The age of "93 Million Miles in a Balloon" and the combination of technology and fantastical adventures allude to Jules Verne's novels, especially Five Weeks in a Balloon.
- The balloon passes the Falls of Glomach in Scotland and the Taj Mahal in India.
- Shelbytown, a neighboring town of Elwood City, could be an allusion to Shelbyville, the neighboring town of Springfield in The Simpsons.
- Like all episodes of Season 10, this episode included the number '10' hidden in various places. For a list of them, see ARTHUR Season 10 Scavenger Hunt.
- Main article: Unfinished/Gallery