|Number in season:||4B|
|Original Airdate:|| October 27, 2008|
January 30, 2009
April 9, 2009
November 19, 2012
|Written by:||Susan Kim|
|Storyboard by:||Ivan Tankushev|
"For the Birds"
"The Chronicles of Buster"
Arthur gives away a present that he had received from Buster, then tries to get it back.
The introduction tells the fairy-tale of two farmers who own a cow. One of them (Arthur) trades the cow for gold, the gold for a goose and the goose for “magic” beans which turn out to be ordinary beans. The other farmer (Buster) is upset.
While looking for an umbrella, Buster finds an old model set and builds a thresher model called "The Grain Reaper". He gives it to Arthur as a gift.
When Arthur tells Buster about the trade, Buster is upset that Arthur simply gave away his gift.
Arthur makes an “I’m sorry”-card. D.W. suggests also giving Buster the poster.
Buster refuses the card and poster. He is upset, because his uncle Stu, who once got the model set as a kid, comes to visit and wants to see the model. Arthur has a nightmare about Uncle Stu locking himself in the bathroom and a monster thresher attacking the house.
When Arthur explains to Mrs. Tibble, she gives him the model but the twins break it.
Arthur visits the Baxters during Uncle Stu’s stay and shows them the “repaired” model, which now looks like an abstract sculpture. Both Buster and Stu are pleased how it turned out.
Arthur and Buster want to buy a new model but can not decide on whether to buy the Dark Bunny mobile or a combine.
- Bitzi Baxter
- D.W. Read
- Stu (Debut)
- Mrs. Tibble
- Timmy and Tommy Tibble
- Muffy Crosswire (opening)
- The Brain
- Mr. Ratburn
- Thora Read (imagination)
- George Lundgren (imagination)
- Neal Lundgren (imagination)
- Mrs. Fink
- Sue Ellen Armstrong
- Patrick (4th grader)
- Prunella Deegan
- Pal (imagination)
- Francine Frensky (imagination)
- Oliver Frensky (imagination)
- Arthur's laugh in the title card is in a lower pitch.
- Sue Ellen and Patrick can be seen outside the movie theater. Strangely, they do not move at all.
- The Bionic Bunny Walkie-Talkies make another appearance.
- A poster for the Harvest Day Celebration that is mentioned in "Arthur's Number Nightmare" can be seen in the library. The Harvest Day Celebration would be mentioned again in "Prunella and the Disappointing Ending."
- The introduction combines elements from “Hans in Luck” and “Jack and the Beanstalk”.
- Arthur and Buster’s shoe-shaped house in the introduction may refer to the old woman who lived in a shoe.
- The Grain Reaper is a reference to the Grim Reaper.
- Convert-o-nauts refer to Transformers.
- "Dark Bunny vs. the Cisco Squid" refers to “The Cisco Kid”.
- Main article: Ungifted/Gallery