|Number in season:||5a|
|Original Airdate:|| September 19, 2003|
December 17, 2003
|Written by:||Dietrich Smith|
|Storyboard by:|| Julian Harris|
"D.W., Dancing Queen"
"Sue Ellen Chickens Out"
The episode starts off with Arthur, Buster, Francine, and Sue Ellen during lunchtime talking about disgusting things as Francine doesn't like Buster's lunch. Francine brings up George, who just then walks by with his nose bleeding, asking for a tissue. Francine starts making fun of him and everyone laughs, too. Suddenly, Francine starts to make a strange face, and then she throws up in front of the entire cafeteria. She is shocked that something like this would happen to her and she thinks her friends will think she's disgusting like George. At the nurse's office, the nurse tells her it is probably a 24-hour bug. At home, Catherine tells her that there is a "barf kid" in every class and that she wouldn't be surprised if they gave her a nickname, and so she proceeds to pick on Francine, claiming that she's giving her "sisterly advice".
That night, Francine has a dream. She dreams that Muffy and the rest of her class voted her as the most disgusting person of the year and that they had given her a nickname, "Barfine". When Muffy and the others see Francine, they quickly put on masks, Muffy tells Francine "Sorry Barfine but we got to think of our health." Then they laugh and Mr. Ratburn scolds them and says you should be ashamed of yourselves. Then he puts her in a quarantine room with George. George turns his head and says "Hi, Barfine, Welcome to class." He has a bleeding nose and he has it covered with a tissue. Then she screams. Then she wakes up, only to find that it's time for school. At school, Mrs. Frensky drops off Francine and informs her to call her for a ride home if she's not feeling well. Then, Muffy, Buster, and Arthur come to ask her how she is, but she thinks they're setting her up to laugh at her. In class, Francine sees everyone whispering and assumes that it's about her. Buster comes over to her desk and drops a brown paper bag on it. Francine, thinking it's a barf bag, throws it back at him, ending the scene with her stomach gurgling.
At lunch, the girls are sitting together and George comes and sits with them with his nose bleeding. The other girls scoot towards Francine. Francine pretends to start puking and they scoot towards George. This "proves her theory" that they think she's disgusting. She goes home, and Catherine asks how her day was and if anyone called her "Barfine", surprising her as that was the nickname in the dream. She then makes fun of Francine for the second time by calling her another, similar nickname "Pukine", and then Francine goes into their bedroom and sits down on the computer chair and melts down into tears.
Francine goes over to George's house and asks him if he wants to get a milkshake with her. George goes reluctantly because he's afraid of being made fun of. She asks him how he can take being laughed at, and he says they don't laugh at her because she's popular. Francine doesn't think this is fair; just as the rest of her friends walk through the door, Francine feels like puking. However, she accidentally hits George on the way to the bathroom, giving him a bloody nose; Muffy, Prunella, and others start laughing at him.
Francine comes out of the bathroom and tells them that they shouldn’t make fun of George because they’re now both disgusting and calls her friends out on their hypocrisy in laughing at him while doting on her. Francine storms out in disgust, as her friends are left in awe of what she just did. They start handing George tissues and begin treating him with more respect.
The episode ends with Francine riding her bike, and stopping to note that she doesn't feel nauseous anymore.
- Binky Barnes
- Catherine Frensky
- Sue Ellen Armstrong
- Nigel Ratburn
- Ms. Flynn
- Laverne Frensky
- 3rd Grade Female Cat (Number 2)
- 3rd Grade Female Aardvark
- Beulah McInnerny
- 4th Grade Female Aardvark
- The Brain
- Jenna Morgan
- Maria Pappas
- 3rd Grade Male Dog (Number 3)
- 4th Grade Male Dog
- Norman Hedgehog
- Molly MacDonald
- Fern Walters
- Leah MacGrady
- Mr. Morris
- 3rd Grade Male Rabbit
- 3rd Grade Male Rat
- 3rd Grade Male Dog
- 4th Grade Male Rabbit
- Lucas "Lukas Pukas" Hanson (mentioned)
- 3rd Grade Female Aardvark
- When Francine throws up, the barf is not entirely seen, although there is a little bit of it, and is heard splashing on the floor.
- The surgical masks from the dream are worn by the kids again (after "My Dad, the Garbage Man") in Francine's dream sequence.
- Mr. Morris can be seen in the cafeteria.
- Food poisoning would have likely been the last thing Francine should have been "diagnosed" with, since the consequences of food poisoning would cause the person to have nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea and Francine only had the first two; yet Miss Flynn states that Francine wouldn't be able to move if she had food poisoning, which is a hyperbole.
- This is one of the two episodes of Arthur to show blood. The other is "Arthur's Knee."
- Despite the title of the episode, Muffy does not say "vomitrocious" in this episode.
- When George has his first nosebleed, his blood is the same color as his shirt, instead of red.
- In the first shot of the kids looking through the nurse window, Brain's inside shirt was brown. Then in the next shot, the inside shirt was back to normal.
- In one shot while in the nurse's office, Francine is seen wearing purple socks, but in the next shot, she is wearing pink socks.
- Main article: Vomitrocious/Gallery