|Number in season:||10A|
|Original Airdate:|| May 26, 2006|
September 27, 2006
November 21, 2006
|Written by:||Hilary Illick|
|Storyboard by:||Stéphanie Gignac|
"Buster's Special Delivery"
Celebrity chef Ming Tsai is coming to judge Lakewood Elementary's cooking contest, and Arthur thinks he has a shot at winning — if he can just get his dad to stop giving him advice.
The intro starts with Arthur teaching D.W. to do the show. She is getting it right, but Arthur cuts, saying they need a different scene. First, they tried the ocean, but it had too much motion. Next, they tried outer space, but Arthur interrupted her twice, which frustrates her.
Ming Tsai is coming to judge the kids' cooking contest at Lakewood Elementary, and Arthur decides to bake a chocolate cake. Jane reminds Arthur that he'll need help. The next day at the library, Sue Ellen met Arthur and Buster. She told them she's going to make randang (water-buffalo stew), much to Arthur and Buster's dismay. At Brain's house, Brain shows Arthur and Buster around his hydrophonic greenhouse.
Later at home, Arthur, David, and Buster are working on their chocolate cake. Buster suggests more sugar, but David stopped him. David gave Arthur and Buster a piece of advice: always use baking powder to make a successful chocolate cake.
The next day at the cafeteria, Muffy, Arthur, and Buster worry about the contest. At home, Arthur plans to wake up early to make the cake. The day of the contest comes, but Arthur's cake is flat, much to his horror.
As Arthur and Buster get to school, Muffy then reveals that Ming Tsai is actually nice. At the contest, Ming Tsai is tasting the food when David shows up and reveals Arthur was originally going to make a chocolate cake, but used baking soda instead of baking power, and made some brownies (much to Arthur and Buster’s surprise). David told Ming everything about Arthur’s mistake; however, Ming congratulated Arthur for his delicious brownies, and tells them about how pot stickers were made because of a mistake.
Ming then declares himself the winner of the contest, much to the shock and dismay of everyone else; Ming explains that the winner is the one who gets to eat the products of the cooking.
He then gives them the brownies, declaring them all winners; the episode ends.
- Kate Read
- Fern Walters
- George Lundgren
- Binky Barnes
- Jenna Morgan
- Maria Pappas
- Francine Frensky
- Miss Sweetwater
- Prunella Deegan
- 3rd Grade Female Aardvark
- 3rd Grade Female Aardvark (Number 2)
- Jack Weasel
- 3rd Grade Female Cat (Number 2)
- Beulah McInnerny
- 3rd Grade Male Cat
- 3rd Grade Male Dog
- 3rd Grade Male Dog (Number 3)
- 3rd Grade Male Rat
- 3rd Grade Male Rabbit
- Norman Hedgehog
- The canisters in David's catering supplies read "SALT," "BAKING," and "SUGAR."
- This is the last episode where Jason Szwimmer voices D.W..
- Like all episodes of Season 10, this episode included the number '10' hidden in various places. For a list of them, see ARTHUR Season 10 Scavenger Hunt.
- Muffy's fantasy features her on a show called "American Chef Idol" which is an obvious parody of the show "American Idol," right down to having Ming Tsai in place of Simon Cowell, one of the show's original judges who left in 2010.